Cruise Critic News: Carnival Cruise Line Limits Capacity on Select Voyages in May and June

LauraS

Just out of curiosity, since I was supposed to sail on the Legend next week and Tampa Bay is my home town, does anyone know why Legend is on a longer hold than most other ships? 

40 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Well now the capacity has been limited to zero, at least until the very end of June.

Lol, I said I didnt buy the limited capacity part line .. that they got tired of being asked about cancellations and made that up and wait for next round of cancellations. They just didnt want more to process so cut off bookings before they cancelled them.

44 minutes ago, HxFx said:

Just out of curiosity, since I was supposed to sail on the Legend next week and Tampa Bay is my home town, does anyone know why Legend is on a longer hold than most other ships? 

The legend was going to Europe then coming back in the fall. That's apparently not going to happen.

1 hour ago, Host Carolyn said:

Especially if a thread becomes "contentious " and off topic as this did,  fact based posts can get eaten when they lead to off topic or inappropriate comments. This thread went WAY off topic etc. But there were helpful and insightful posts.

Just a reminder -- if you use the "quote" option when you reply, and that reply is removed for a board violation -- the quoted post also departs. I realize that quoting a prior post often makes your response easier to understand but it also runs the risk of not being there if the response violates guidelines. This is a catch 22 but may clarify? Unfortunately there is no way to keep the quoted portion of a post but remove the offending response.

No worries on my part.  Apologies to the community and hosts if I added to the contentiousness of this thread.