CLUB SUITES- NCL changing Minis?

Sand and Seas

1 hour ago, BettyNL said:

NOT a laundry question !!

Do Jade aft facing mini suites (not new balcony suites) still have breakfast/lunch benefits at Cagneys ??

yes, it has been years since we cruised with NCL 

A little different because I think what you're talking about are Penthouse suites.  These are different than what's being discussed here. The PH suites still offer breakfast and lunch in Moderno/Cagneys and still have Butler & Concierge service. 

Not sure mini suites ever offered Breakfast & Lunch in Cagneys. 

22 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

A little different because I think what you're talking about are Penthouse suites.  These are different than what's being discussed here. The PH suites still offer breakfast and lunch in Moderno/Cagneys and still have Butler & Concierge service. 

Always had SF category — always had cagneys 

21 minutes ago, BettyNL said:

Always had SF category — always had cagneys 

OK, so which cabin # are you referring to when you say it's "not new balcony suites".  Then only thing new about the aft cabins, is the change of name from mini suite to Club Balcony suite. As you say, SF/Ph suite have always been there.  The aft balcony cabins and the mini suite cabins have also, always been there. 

BTW SN is just a new letter change from SJ to SN. 

45 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Edited by All-ready2cruise

47 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

None of the mini suites aka Club Balconies offer the same perks as the Suites. What you stated is correct. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Linda the Book Lover said:

None of the mini suites aka Club Balconies offer the same perks as the Suites. What you stated is correct. 

In other words our previous benefits — from sailing in SF’s many times — are gone, even though that category is now ‘Aft facing penthouse with balcony’ (NCL’s description for an SN)

8 minutes ago, BettyNL said:

In other words our previous benefits — from sailing in SF’s many times — are gone, even though that category is now ‘Aft facing penthouse with balcony’ (NCL’s description for an SN)

I have no idea about the new SN category. My repsonse was answering  the question

Not sure mini suites ever offered Breakfast & Lunch in Cagneys. There is a thread with this discussion on the new categories:

16 minutes ago, BettyNL said:

You're confusing the aft-facing mini suites, now called aft-facing club balcony suites (current category M1), which never had those benefits, with the aft facing penthouse with balcony (current category SN). which always have had those benefits. The key is the letter "S" in the latter's category, which identifies it as a (full) suite.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, BettyNL said:

No, like I said the ph suite have had their designation changed. that's all.

1 minute ago, njhorseman said:

You're confusing the aft-facing mini suites, now called aft-facing club balcony suites (current category M1), which never had those benefits, with the aft facing penthouse with balcony (current category SN). which always have had those benefits. The key is the letter "S" in the latter's category, which identifies it as a (full) suite.

You are brilliant...such an easy answer.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Linda the Book Lover said:

You are brilliant...such an easy answer.

Brilliant...or more likely more cruises than I can count in the aft penthouses. :classic_wink:

There actually was a time when the Jewel class was first launched that mini suites had a separate breakfast venue in the smaller of the two main dining rooms. I remember it well because we cruised in a mini suite on the Jewel's maiden transatlantic in 2005 which brought it from Europe to its NY home port .

Edited by njhorseman
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Linda the Book Lover said:

I have no idea about the new SN category. My repsonse was answering  the question

Not sure mini suites ever offered Breakfast & Lunch in Cagneys. There is a thread with this discussion on the new categories:

Thank you- this response was most helpful 👍