what are the chances on a june ncl cruise ?

seaman11

On 4/14/2020 at 12:26 AM, seaman11 said:

thank you for a mature response, many have been harsh here at my optimism.    i booked an aug one with carnival as a backup. 

Hi

Have you see that HAL haver now extended close down to June30?

NCL will follow on the next few days and will not cruise early July 

Just now, Mrdodgy said:

Hi

Have you see that HAL haver now extended close down to June30?

NCL will follow on the next few days and will not cruise early July 

yeah i expect the may cruise of mine to be canceled , waiting to rebook for mid july or maybe wait , since i have one in aug and in oct booked. 

15 hours ago, Hobby3333 said:

As I glaze into a half empty glass of red wine, I see a refund in your not so distant future.  

hobby , they could be sailing out of galveston in late june.   maybe i have let the ppl here get me down about cruising by july.  i booked 2 more further out. 

29 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

hobby , they could be sailing out of galveston in late june.   maybe i have let the ppl here get me down about cruising by july.  i booked 2 more further out. 

Either you are just trolling us at this point or you have no concept of losing money. If you are so sure cruising is coming back this summer why not buy some stock in NCL, they could really use your investment right about now.

• Like 1

I have made the the very difficult decision to cancel my NCL Escape cruise in June! 😟

I am now unemployed and thought it better to keep my money than pay the balance last week! I have a healthy deposit with NCL so hope when my circumstances change to book another one! 

3 minutes ago, HolsAddict said:

I have made the the very difficult decision to cancel my NCL Escape cruise in June! 😟

I am now unemployed and thought it better to keep my money than pay the balance last week! I have a healthy deposit with NCL so hope when my circumstances change to book another one! 

Yes Cash is King now, dont let anyone else tell you different, sorry about the job, you are in the UK?,  well at least you have healthcare, every time I check my email now it causes anxiety because I am expecting to lose my job as well.  

I don't have a problem if they cancel my cruise on the Joy set for June 27th.   I'm expecting them to cancel.

My problem is that I believe they already know that they are going to cancel and are waiting until who knows when to tell us.  I booked my airfare and precruise hotel through Expedia.   Does any one know if they are issuing refunds?    I don't mind making new plans but let me know the sooner the better.    

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, funat55 said:

I don't have a problem if they cancel my cruise on the Joy set for June 27th.   I'm expecting them to cancel.

My problem is that I believe they already know that they are going to cancel and are waiting until who knows when to tell us.  I booked my airfare and precruise hotel through Expedia.   Does any one know if they are issuing refunds?    I don't mind making new plans but let me know the sooner the better.    

i booked my airlines through expedia , you have to go through the airline they booked basically , but you are able to change dates of cancel with a refund now ,no problem.  american airlines being the biggest pia . 

RCCL just announced they are planing to start June 12th 2020 for all salings except for New England , Alaska and Canada.  Not sure if this is actually going to happen but this is their plan.  NCL seems to be one of the only not saying much.  Maybe tomorrow. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, K922 said:

NCL seems to be one of the only not saying much.  Maybe tomorrow. 

Yes, NCL still holding out. How typical. The good news is it is Friday. If prior behavior is any indication, they should have a cancellation announcement around 5:01 pm today.

Those miles long cars lined up on the side of the road waiting for food bank relief. The human tolls not reflected in the numerical curves.  A good portion of the country remained in denial and Fantasyland.  ... going to get flamed for my view.

There are a great many on Cruise Critic who are in denial. They still want their 2020 cruise to happen. It would be irresponsible and selfish to take a cruise until there is a vaccine/treatment or the virus disappears. Cruises are not a necessity. Food and shelter are. Cruises by their nature involve close social contact. They are the last thing that should be restarted.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

There are a great many on Cruise Critic who are in denial. They still want their 2020 cruise to happen. It would be irresponsible and selfish to take a cruise until there is a vaccine/treatment or the virus disappears. Cruises are not a necessity. Food and shelter are. Cruises by their nature involve close social contact. They are the last thing that should be restarted.

oh its going to happen in some capacity this summer.  true many wont happen like to canada, and some ports like west coast and nj/ny 

i expect a few limited cruises out of miami or galveston ect in a few months.  there may be some temp checking, and limiting pax on board and some rules ,but they will sail again slowly. 

Edited by seaman11

29 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

i expect a few limited cruises out of miami or galveston ect in a few months.  there may be some temp checking, and limiting pax on board and some rules ,but they will sail again slowly. 

The CDC is in control as it relates to US ports. Some temp checking? It will be all temps checked prior to boarding at a very minimum. They may actually be required to test for the virus since temperature checking in the past was a huge failure.

Unless or until the cruise lines can present a plan to the satisfaction of the CDC that they have steps in place to significantly limit the potential of the virus being brought onboard by an infected passenger, the no sail order will remain for US ports. The CDC is in full control at this point, irrespective of what is being falsely advertised to the general public on the cruiselines websites. I expect CLIA is working on a policy, program to present to CDC. I tend to agree that limited sailing may commence in June or July if trends continue in the right direction and a plan is presented and accepted by CDC. I won't be sailing though, too soon for me.

Edited by blcruising
  • Like 2

The CDC is in control as it relates to US ports. Some temp checking? It will be all temps checked prior to boarding at a very minimum. They may actually be required to test for the virus since temperature checking in the past was a huge failure.

Yes, whenever cruises first restart pretty likely temperature checking. If a quick virus test is available it will be required. There may also be age restrictions. Over 70 or 65 can’t cruise. Reduced capacity. No self serve buffets.

I won’t be sailing until there is a vaccine/treatment or the virus has disappeared. I am no fool!

Chatting with someone on a NCL ship, not giving any details.  Anyway their opinion is once the needed changes have been agreed upon they would be put in place ASAP and cruises may resume after August. The crews on board are still awaiting to be sent home.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blcruising said:

Unless or until the cruise lines can present a plan to the satisfaction of the CDC that they have steps in place to significantly limit the potential of the virus being brought onboard by an infected passenger, the no sail order will remain for US ports. The CDC is in full control at this point, irrespective of what is being falsely advertised to the general public on the cruiselines websites. I expect CLIA is working on a policy, program to present to CDC. I tend to agree that limited sailing may commence in June or July if trends continue in the right direction and a plan is presented and accepted by CDC. I won't be sailing though, too soon for me.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/carnival-cruises-covid-19-trump-council_n_5e98d456c5b6a92100e48cec?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAABCVmgFQe9oRfxGIJXlRDMbExL9usDsq4ihCgcrMBYBwDpmuVOqfxDnckYPl6skCtSk8uI9JR4a_jxaSrqO1zNPfZg4YWl0vIRvSfORcwKHtLaLgLsaACLBZE2HXvtmuIw_1_QIzLiFRWuNf8QKrtcf-H8Ezh0ELcymdndwgURKH

you may not want to cruise till next year, and that is certainly understandable and your choice..   but it wil l be sooner than when most think and how you think it will happen.  your statement contradicts  what you said about no sailings till 2021 

Edited by seaman11

7 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

but it wil l be sooner than when most think and how you think it will happen.  your statement contradicts  what you sail about no sailings till 2021 

Old news. Carnival Corporation has the most aggressive closures to date. I reserve the right to contradict prior statements as my "crystal ball" outlook changes. Thanks for pointing that out.

Edited by blcruising

1 minute ago, blcruising said:

Old news. Carnival Corporatiin have the most aggressive closures to date. I reserve the right to contradict prior statements as my "crystal ball" outlook changes.

So it seems you are coming around to the idea that cruises will happen again this summer  (albeit slowly) 

3 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

So it seems you are coming around to the idea that cruises will happen again this summer  (albeit slowly) 

Slowly is your opinion. I originally said late May 2020 and was totally wrong on that one. My opinions continue to change like the seasons as I learn about the virus and read the contents of the no sail order. Cruises from US ports will begin to happen when the CDC can be convinced the risk of community spread onboard is mitigated to a very low level which it currently is not. I just read of more confirmed cases either on Cunard QE or QE2.

• Like 1

Given the cronyism in top levels of the US government anything is possible. That does not make it right.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Given the cronyism in top levels of the US government anything is possible. That does not make it right.

right or wrong . not really the issue.  ncl for example had only 3 reported cases on board , with a few months off to clean and get  things safer i think  they should be allowed to open things slowly .

tnow opening up beaches now in april , i think imo is a little too soon , why not end of may open things up . 

2 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Yes, whenever cruises first restart pretty likely temperature checking. If a quick virus test is available it will be required. There may also be age restrictions. Over 70 or 65 can’t cruise. Reduced capacity. No self serve buffets.

I won’t be sailing until there is a vaccine/treatment or the virus has disappeared. I am no fool!

I hope you are wrong, if there wont be a buffet, i will have think real long about taking a cruise, going to dinner like normal people is a big pain, not enjoyable at all.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

If you want to stay in your home, stay in your home.  If you want to leave your home and know the risk and are comfortable with the risk, than do that.  The problem occurs when you leave your home and then get the Wuhan, then you decide to go to the hospital which overwhelms the system. (So perhaps have instructions not to go to hospital if you get the Wuhan)

One can easily make a no sew mask out of a shirt (with papertowel/shopclothpapertowel as filter), wear gloves, and easily make a shield PPE out of a two liter clear bottle, use social distancing, try to stay away from people/crowds,   this might help to avoid the Wuhan, or at least help to prevent others from getting the Wuhan.   However there are no fail safes.

Edited by Newleno