what are the chances on a june ncl cruise ?

seaman11

Cunard today cancelled all its cruises through July 31 (which does NOT mean they will be resuming August 1, for those of you who like to spin their dreams that way).

Hope is a beautiful thing, false hope not so much. And the latter is what the 'optimists' are encouraging.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, latserrof said:

Cunard today cancelled all its cruises through July 31 (which does NOT mean they will be resuming August 1, for those of you who like to spin their dreams that way).

Hope is a beautiful thing, false hope not so much. And the latter is what the 'optimists' are encouraging.

well i dont think anyone is talking alaskan trips, canada  , transatlantic voyages to the uk.  we are talking a few ships out of the southern ports if they are open. 

well i dont think anyone is talking alaskan trips, canada  , transatlantic voyages to the uk.  we are talking a few ships out of the southern ports if they are open. 

Maybe there will be a few ships sailing later this year but possible obstacles are a predicted second wave of the virus, the resistance of the public to risk sailing, and the possibility of cruise lines running out of money. Right now they are scrambling to raise money. I would guess in the short term they will raise enough to survive the year but long term prospects are grim.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

2 hours ago, Mrdodgy said:

Agreed - sadly I think there will be one poster who will disagree and tell us it 30-50 days away. However if we go through to end of June it may well be the end for NCL as we know it - unless they can borrow more cash.

Europe extended and this morning Germany are thinking they are opening too fast.

And that's why I put that one poster on ignore list, first it was for sure May, then well June will be OK and if not I'll just go in July.

Kinda like the old gold prospectors, sooner or later you strike gold ( cruise will happen).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1