Princess Cruises UK Claims.

Aulanis

@ttewoh  

Our cheque for additional expenses ( Flights from OZ) came  last Friday just a day or two after we were notified it was agreed.  Nice to see it as it was the only concrete evidence that anything was happening.

Still nothing else. I check every day for FFCs.   The person at princess dealing with us is working from home - only 3d a week. Though I think once it is processed  the  who to pay & when decision is made elsewhere.   

Edited by Aulanis

@LordSid   was there a time when we didnt?

I have a go at Princess at every opportunity re the perks and offers

and ability to cancel without penalty  that are available to US & Can

but not to UK & Aus   - International sales initiatives is what they

come up with.   The watered down version of the 3 for free  was

a prime example.  Bottle of wine for us  premium drink package in US!

Regarding current they have  a toll free number which they

eventually pick up.  They also have on-line chat.

We have a paid call that they dont pick up and 

no online chat

Edited by Aulanis

Cruise date  18th March.  Cancelled 12th. March.  Option 2 submitted to travel agent 14th March. No communication from Princess at all.

FCC received 22nd. May.   Refund to Credit Card. 18th June

Many very long waits on hold to Travel Agent whose stores are closed but clerks working from home. Most knew nothing about ‘third party bookings’ and said they would pass onto appropriate ‘third party’ agent and promised someone would ring back. This did not happen on two out of three occasions.

Princess agreed to speak to me even though travel agent booking and explained refund would be made on 15th. March. Third party agent who eventually told us refund would be made on Tuesday16th was very keen to explain it was all due to his hard work, chasing Princess, even though I’d spoken to Princess and been told payments were due on 15th.!!!

Very disappointed in the way this was handled by travel agent and also by Princess saying that refunds were being made in sail date order or date when refund option was received

( depending on whom you speak to) when people with later sail dates and refund submission dates received their refunds well ahead of our 96 day wait.

Cruise Date 11th July.. Full Payment not made as cruise scheduled to visit Alaska and Victoria. Cancelled prior to Princess cancellation.  

FCD returned to Cruise Personaliser by different travel agent , in less than one week.

Gift card received for flight /car hire deposits with two weeks.

I phoned Princess again Monday and they are now escalating my claim for our cancelled Sapphire Princess Asia cruise on 1st March, (given up counting the days over 4 months now) but there is good news, for our Crown Princess Caribbean cruise, which we were on when all cruises had to go back to port, and we still had 10 days of cruise left, I checked our Princess account and the FCC is there, no email saying it was there, its been there for a month !! We chose 225% for the 10 days not used, and as long as Princess is still trading well worth doing. We also have had a cheque from them for the change of flights, etc for this holiday.

Anyone recommend a good uk T/A

Well, I am not surprised at all. The longer it takes to receive a refund the worst it gets all together. These companies start to look for a way to postpone your refund as long as they can. I mean I can understand them in away cause I am a businessman myself but in such situation its totally unacceptable 

OK   the Sapphire one is here

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2577202-march-1-2020-sapphire-princess-southeast-asia-grand-advenure/page/25/

and the Crown one is here

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2543369-6-mar-2020-crown-princess-10-days-eastern-caribbean-voyager/page/20/

Nothing on the first - but you can always ask.

Few posts on the second might interest you.

I see someone posted they were on the same plane as you  you can

get peoples attention   by typing  @ then  start typing their CC name It should appear in a box which you then click on their name and it will turn blue in your post - they will probably get an email  saying someone has mentioned them

See what happens here   @pines46    when it appears you have to press the space bar to continue typing you post.   You can try it using your own name

or mine.    Mine is a bit tricky though  you might think you have it when you get

to Aulani    but mine has an S on the end.

Still here!!   apparently our refund figures have all been calculated and checked just waiting to be paid.

I asked what the figures were and PCUK said they couldnt tell me and I would have to ask our TA.

TA the one that sounds like an ice building  have been very helpful through all of this and gave us the figures.  Couldnt reconcile them at first  but it was so close I wasnt bothered.   Previously I had asked about  Port Fees and Taxes and they had followed this up and PCUK reckon they ARE NOT REFUNDING THEM!

I have never heard that before from anyone on any cruise ever. Anyway TA is asking if they have a good reason for this! 

Anyone else heard this -  in our case it was a 28 day cruise and fees were £800 so I reckon we should have got around £600  back.

Could go on a short MSC cruise for that !!

Edited by Aulanis

Happy to report that our full refund of cruise fare & air have been received (via cheque) this morning for our April 12th Ruby trans-Pacific, cancelled by Princess on 12th March. FCCs were received May 22nd, excursions & on-board pre-purchases received 21st June. No disputes raised. Happy Cruiser! 

Our Cancelled 16th March Crown Princess Cruise has still not been refunded, we did however receive our refund

for all our excursion and on board purchases, but only after emailing Princess and complaining.

Our TA has emailed explaining all of the difficulties they and others are experiencing but the truth is they are

dragging their heels. 

• 2 weeks later...

Getting close to having our full refund  have had expences and FCCs

(Slight problem with Port expences and Taxes as I think they have given FCCs for those instead of cash!)   and our TA says they have received our cash and it on its way to us  🤞🤞  but not counting chickens. . . . . .  We are with the one that sounds like an ice house   and they have been very good dealing with Princess on this even though the guy we had was mainly working from home.

Princess have been pretty useless until I  snapped! and sent an

email to the ceo then they were on the phone in an hour.  Whilst I think I understand the difficulties they are working under  I can

see no reason why they wont tell us the amounts they are working towards,  (because we booked through a TA ) dont send advices when they credit the FCCs  or anything much at all. Didnt believe us when we told them the amount they were working to was incorrect, lost our letter from our insurance advising we were not covered  (other than for health) as it was Princess who cancelled, creating another delay.

Edited by Aulanis

Hooray! we have our refund already??   well after 125 days.

Cash  Expenses  & Fccs   99% sure they have paid our  Fees & Tax

in  FCCs which is not great but  acceptable.

Hope refunds follow for you all soon.

Our Alaska cruise, due to sail on 2nd August was cancelled on 6th May, we are still waiting for our refund! The cruise is still showing on our cruise planner. 

We were booked on the Diamond Princess in March, clearly this was also cancelled, this refund and FCC was processed quite quickly. 

29 minutes ago, waldorf said:

Our Alaska cruise, due to sail on 2nd August was cancelled on 6th May, we are still waiting for our refund!

I am not sure what you are hoping for here? Have you seen the huge

thread on refunds in the Main Princess forum.  We have just received a refund for our MARCH cruise  There are many waiting for refunds for April ,May,June.  & presumably July.

Princess maintain that they are making refunds in Date of Sailing order so August is some way down the track.

If you used a TA I would try and get them involved.  If you didnt and paid direct to princess using your credit card, maybe think about

raising a credit card dispute if you need  your refund in a hurry.

( mind it does depend on which CCard you have- they may ask for  an email with all details of booking & details of cancellation.)

You were lucky with your March cruise refund shortly after that they switched off the automated refund system and went manual with

most of the staff working from home and unable to phone in or out!

Another tip is to regularly ask Princess how your refund is going  and to stress you asked for  the cash refund.   At least 5 of the 10  people I kept in touch with on our cruise had there "choice"  either "lost" or  input incorrectly and received ALL  FCCs  and now have to start over. 

Edited by Aulanis

1 hour ago, Aulanis said:

I am not sure what you are hoping for here? Have you seen the huge

thread on refunds in the Main Princess forum.  We have just received a refund for our MARCH cruise  There are many waiting for refunds for April ,May,June.  & presumably July.

Princess maintain that they are making refunds in Date of Sailing order so August is some way down the track.

If you used a TA I would try and get them involved.  If you didnt and paid direct to princess using your credit card, maybe think about

raising a credit card dispute if you need  your refund in a hurry.

( mind it does depend on which CCard you have- they may ask for  an email with all details of booking & details of cancellation.)

You were lucky with your March cruise refund shortly after that they switched off the automated refund system and went manual with

most of the staff working from home and unable to phone in or out!

Another tip is to regularly ask Princess how your refund is going  and to stress you asked for  the cash refund.   At least 5 of the 10  people I kept in touch with on our cruise had there "choice"  either "lost" or  input incorrectly and received ALL  FCCs  and now have to start over. 

I’m not expecting anything from this forum, I posted just to add to the conversation. I booked via a TA and I’ve left it with them.