Doe this change when we might cruise again?

Rutgers University right here in my home state developed a saliva test for Covid-19 that is less invasive, and less of a risk to people giving the test. Once this kind of testing is widely available does this change when we might sail again? Test like this at the port if its fast enough? I'll leave a link below, let me know what you think?

https://www.rutgers.edu/news/new-rutgers-saliva-test-coronavirus-gets-fda-approval

17 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

Rutgers University right here in my home state developed a saliva test for Covid-19 that is less invasive, and less of a risk to people giving the test. Once this kind of testing is widely available does this change when we might sail again? Test like this at the port if its fast enough? I'll leave a link below, let me know what you think?

https://www.rutgers.edu/news/new-rutgers-saliva-test-coronavirus-gets-fda-approval

Not really. Test not 100%. Will show Positives, but a Negative doesnt confirm you dont have it. False Negatives. 

Edited by ONECRUISER

14 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Not really. Test not 100%. Will show Positives, but a Negative doesnt confirm you dont have it. False Negatives. 

No such thing as 100%.  From CDC today..

Manufacturers are now required to run their Covid-19 tests on a minimum of 30 positive samples and 30 negative samples. They must demonstrate to the agency that the test has at least a 95 percent sensitivity, meaning it must correctly identify at least 95 percent of the positive samples as having the coronavirus.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

I don't think it's a game changer. But it's a lot better than not having this better test. 

11 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

No such thing as 100%.  From CDC today..

Manufacturers are now required to run their Covid-19 tests on a minimum of 30 positive samples and 30 negative samples. They must demonstrate to the agency that the test has at least a 95 percent sensitivity, meaning it must correctly identify at least 95 percent of the positive samples as having the coronavirus.

Think issue with this Test is False Negatives. Approved under Emergency FDA, we weren't in this Crisis dont think even be in use. Think heard it's limited who/where used. 

In any event, outside of cruising this is great news because the other test really stinks. My mother in law took it and its not pleasant. She took it cause she is a nurse and some patients have Covid-19. Thank goodness negative. 

An amazing thing that I learned tonight is that NIH Coronavirus Vaccine Team is hopeful that they will have a vaccine available this Fall for healthcare workers who risk multiple exposures to the virus. Then, in Spring 2021, they anticipate having a vaccine available for the general public. That is a much faster timeline than I had previously heard. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, sandebeach said:

An amazing thing that I learned tonight is that NIH Coronavirus Vaccine Team is hopeful that they will have a vaccine available this Fall for healthcare workers who risk multiple exposures to the virus. Then, in Spring 2021, they anticipate having a vaccine available for the general public. That is a much faster timeline than I had previously heard. 

I've been reading similar things. Please god say this come to be true.

• Like 3