Stateroom

lkgreen26

M class or S class? On S class I believe the verandas on the slant part of the "humps" are best as they have larger balconies than the other veranda cabins.  As far as Aqua class, depends on what interests you. We are only interested in the included Blu restaurant. It is much smaller and quieter than the Main Dining Room. Service is faster and very attentive. Blu is open every day for breakfast and dinner. We think up to $400-$500 per person over a veranda cabin price is worth it for Aqua.  That is for longer cruises, as we don't take 7 night cruises. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 39august said:

M class or S class? On S class I believe the verandas on the slant part of the "humps" are best as they have larger balconies than the other veranda cabins.  As far as Aqua class, depends on what interests you. We are only interested in the included Blu restaurant. It is much smaller and quieter than the Main Dining Room. Service is faster and very attentive. Blu is open every day for breakfast and dinner. We think up to $400-$500 per person over a veranda cabin price is worth it for Aqua.  That is for longer cruises, as we don't take 7 night cruises. 

Thank you!  We are looking at a 12 night New England Canadian coastal cruise.  Always prefer longer trips as well.  The ship is Celebrity Summit.   We are new to Celebrity.  We’ve only cruised once on Reflection and loved everything.

27 minutes ago, lkgreen26 said:

Thank you!  We are looking at a 12 night New England Canadian coastal cruise.  Always prefer longer trips as well.  The ship is Celebrity Summit.   We are new to Celebrity.  We’ve only cruised once on Reflection and loved everything.

We had to cancel AQ on Summit for Bermuda.  See of Deck 11 aft is open.  room 1141 is right in the middle.  Supposedly a very popular spot.  AQ will also give you unlimited access to the Thermal suites, which we enjoy.

57 minutes ago, lkgreen26 said:

We've sailed on Summit twice since she was refurbished - she was lovely before and is even better now! On our last cruise we were in an Aqua class cabin, #1108. Excellent location on the aft starboard side of the ship  (I think we were about a dozen cabins from the very back). One deck up to the Rooftop Terrace where they show movies (never heard any noise or foot traffic from up there), one deck down to the pool and buffet - we couldn't have asked for a more convenient location.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ginnyfyr said:

We've sailed on Summit twice since she was refurbished - she was lovely before and is even better now! On our last cruise we were in an Aqua class cabin, #1108. Excellent location on the aft starboard side of the ship  (I think we were about a dozen cabins from the very back). One deck up to the Rooftop Terrace where they show movies (never heard any noise or foot traffic from up there), one deck down to the pool and buffet - we couldn't have asked for a more convenient location.  

This is great info!  Thank you!

• Like 1

We did the New England cruise last Oct in #1140 which is in the middle of the 5 aft cabins on deck 11, (with 1133 and 1141 to the port side and 1138 and 1130 to the starboard side).  #1140 has a huge balcony and is wonderful when you want to view the wake.  We got an amazing picture of the Statue of Liberty as we sailed away.  However, the flag pole interferes with pictures as it is right in the middle of the back.  I also felt a bit blindsided as we couldn't see much to the sides.  We have also been in #1130 which has a smaller balcony but I liked the view better.  However, it does have a little less privacy as the stairs come up right beside it.  All 5 across the back on deck 11 go very quickly.  And yes, AQ class is wonderful.  We just spent 30 days dining there and loved it.

The aft AQ cabins are also very close to the Oceanview buffet and it is great to get your food and carry it up to eat on your lovely balcony.

You have chosen a great cruise no matter what cabin you choose.  Quebec City is awesome.

• Like 1

lkgreen  Since you have cruised on Celebrity before, note that you are eligible for a free upgrade from A2 to A1 - probably saving about $100 per person.

As others have said, the aft cabins have the largest balconies and sell out the fastest.  The balconies with the cabins on the sides of deck 11 are not covered which may or may not be to your liking.  1106-1109 are preferred since their balconies are slightly larger and they are close to the elevator.

On deck 9, cabins 9038 and 9043 have larger balconies with their triangular extensions.

You also asked whether Aqua is worth the upgrade. Both Aqua and Concierge cabins on the Summit are about 20 sq ft larger than regular cabins.  The primary benefit to Aqua is the Blu restaurant for breakfast and dinner.  The Blu restaurant is a step up from the main dining room with more personal service and a much quieter atmosphere.  Food is subjective but many consider the Blu's food to be a slight upgrade from the MDR.  That said, wife and I set a ceiling on the upgrade price (from a standard balcony) at about $35 per person per day since at greater than that we could instead use the price difference to eat in a specialty restaurant.  On our European cruise last September the price difference was about $100 per person per night - which we considered exorbitant!

Happy cruising 

• Like 1

On 4/17/2020 at 1:41 PM, lkgreen26 said:

Also keep in mind that Concierge & Aqua class  staterooms on M-class ships are 20 sq ft larger than regular balcony staterooms!!

Edited by Loracpin2
  • Like 1

Such good info and we appreciate it so

much! I’m carefully scanning the stateroom locations to figure this out  I’m really looking forward to this cruise. I’m guessing it will have a different vibe then the Caribbean. Thank you again for time and consideration!