Royal cash refunds

Lol. The thing is when our cruise was canceled we were offered a credit for our next cruise, which I accepted. However,since it’s unclear when cruising and flights will normalize, I’m thinking I’d rather hold my money! [emoji3]Dean

Sent from my iPad using Forums

8 minutes ago, B-52 said:

If you take credit for a future cruise, can you, in the future cancel that?

Yes.  For the first 2 rounds of cancellations you can choose the refund option up until Dec 31 2021.  For the third round of cancellations you have to choose by Dec 31, 2020

this is only for sailings that Royal cancels. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Just checked our credit card and all the money has been refunded as of Monday, including deposit and insurance.  It was the 3/14 Radiance cruise that we had actually boarded.   Requested refund online on 3/26, so wasn't actually expecting it until this weekend,  30 days, at the earliest. 

10 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Just checked our credit card and all the money has been refunded as of Monday, including deposit and insurance.  It was the 3/14 Radiance cruise that we had actually boarded.   Requested refund online on 3/26, so wasn't actually expecting it until this weekend,  30 days, at the earliest. 

What did you end up doing?  Did you hang around Australia for a while, or did you get the hell back home?

We requested a refund for 2 shore excursions on 8 April and was refunded 20 April. We also chased up a discrepancy from a late December cruise and that money was refunded as well on 20 April. 

WooHoo!  Great feeling to see some money coming back. 

8 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

What did you end up doing?  Did you hang around Australia for a while, or did you get the hell back home?

Flew home on the 16th, Monday.   We had arrived in Melbourne on January 28th and Sydney on Feburary 3rd and beed sailing since February 9th so knew it was time to get home.  Wasn't sure what the future held for flights home.