Unused fcc question

xavier

19 minutes ago, xavier said:

Sorry, a future cruise deposit. The princess rep seemed to have no idea how to get a refund a said a supervisor would call me back.  Not holding my breath.  

Rep doesn't know - must be a rookie.  If you let a FCD on account expire, then the refund should be automatic, but you can call if not seeing it happen.  You can also call anytime and ask for one or more to be cancelled and refunded.  I have done this more than once.  I buy some on a cruise and then will refund my oldest ones if I have too many. 

If your cancelled credit card has been replaced and you still have an account, the refund will automatically work as bank has history of past card numbers.  If you have closed the account, then you need to get pro-active with Princess about the FCD cancel and let them know you no longer have an account and they need to send a check.  (I have seen at least one person state that if a bank gets a refund from a vendor and account is closed, they mail a check to last known contact???  I wouldn't look for this solution however).

@Steelers36 = I had one FCD that expired April 14th this year. I do not see it on the list anymore and I have as of yet not seen a credit to my credit card. 

Would you happen to have and idea how long this would take? 

I know that Princess is busy paddling away taking care of issues but it seems to me that

this would be kind of automatic.

Have you experienced this situation?

Edited by greenie082756
typo

I cancelled several FCDs on March 18th and still have not seen the money refunded to me.  I was originally told it would take several days.  After 2 weeks I called and was told it could take 2 - 4 weeks.  I've seen other posts first indicating refunds would take 30 - 60 days and more recent posts indicating 60 - 90 days.

We have 4 FCD's and decided to request the money returned to the credit card on record.  The request went in mid-March, got one story it will post in a few days, then another phone call DH was told wait a few weeks, and the last phone call said by May 9th. Not holding my breath. It's bad enough we're getting yanked around by Virgin Atlantic and their dilatory tactics surrounding the refund of 4 canceled air tickets BOS/LHR/BOS.  

I'm still holding onto the CCL stock, but given the rumors and talk about restricting passengers by age and health, we are seriously considering our next cruise be a river cruise. We've done a few and thoroughly enjoyed them; time to focus on that in our travel future. Once things settle down and there is a vaccine, then we would book again with Princess/HAL/Cunard.

Darcy

I had a couple of unexplained credits on a credit card statement.  I called the credit card company and learned that the credits were from Princess.  I called Princess and discovered that these were two expired Future Cruise Deposits. 

Why these expired instead of being applied, I have no idea -- left hand (me) and right hand (my wife) type of thing, I guess. 

So, in my experience, these were automatically credited by Princess when they expired.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, greenie082756 said:

@Steelers36 = I had one FCD that expired April 14th this year. I do not see it on the list anymore and I have as of yet not seen a credit to my credit card. 

Would you happen to have and idea how long this would take? 

I know that Princess is busy paddling away taking care of issues but it seems to me that

this would be kind of automatic.

Have you experienced this situation?

Hi.  Just saw this since your "@" poke didn't quite work out for you.  I have never had a FCD expire, but I have pro-actively asked for a cancel/refund and it took almost no time.  But that was then.  Now, I would expect the transaction falls into the 60 day estimate for the cruise refunds - and perhaps a bit longer since they may focus on the cruise bookings first.  So, your guess is as good as mine.

• Like 1