Who has received refunds?

16 minutes ago, WeLuvVacation said:

Got our full refund one week after Royal canceled and we applied (same day) for the cash refund. No problems, no hassles.

Wow you’re one of the lucky ones. 

I filled out the form on Royals webiste on March 24th that said 30 days.  Around April 15th I got an email from our travel agent that the cruise was cancelled ( kind of funny since it was cancelled back in March).  Called them the next day and again cancelled the cruise asking for a full refund.  Travel agents said 45 days.  

Cancelled 3/29 harmony sailing on 3/13

just yesterday saw refund on CC (split into 3-final pmt & 2 down payments). Two smaller deposited in 4/26, large one on 4/29 but official credit not until 5/4. May the 4th be with me indeed 

Now advising for refunds to allow for 45 to 60 business days...not to be confused with calendar days

Edited by keishashadow

I'm just nervous about what will happen if they file for bankruptcy before we get the refunds owed to us since we've received nothing for our March 15 or 22nd cruises.  With Norwegian talking about bankruptcy in the news today, it makes me very uneasy about Royal not processing our refunds!

• Like 2

Thanks for replies.

Between myself waiting to speak to our agent and our agent waiting to speak to Royal, getting correct refund amounts has taken more than 15 hours of our time. Still haven’t seen a penny.

20 hours ago, pspercy said:

I thought NRD meant that if you cancelled before final payment you got your deposit returned minus $100/person.

Has this changed ?

Edited by CruisinCoyote
Future cruise credit is given.

20 hours ago, pspercy said:

I thought NRD meant that if you cancelled before final payment you got your deposit returned minus $100/person.

Has this changed ?

Future cruise credit. Not refund 

Edited by CruisinCoyote

Smooth process for me.

Was on a May sailing on Harmony that was cancelled by Royal.  I didn't contact them until April 15 to opt for the refund instead of FCC on the cruise.  I received a partial refund on one credit card on April 28 and the rest of the refund on a different credit card on April 30.  Quick and easy and painless

9 hours ago, CruisinCoyote said:

Future cruise credit. Not refund 

I received 500$ of NRD on my BOA card. I was pleasantly shocked☺️  I believe it had to be because of the CC  dispute I initiated but I am not sure.  I will gladly take the money😉!

29 minutes ago, Judyrem said:

I received 500$ of NRD on my BOA card. I was pleasantly shocked☺️  I believe it had to be because of the CC  dispute I initiated but I am not sure.  I will gladly take the money😉!

Did you cancel the future cruise or did they? When were you supposed to sail ? 

25 minutes ago, CruisinCoyote said:

Did you cancel the future cruise or did they? When were you supposed to sail ? 

They cancelled April 12 Oasis cruise.  I cancelled the drink package and excursions a few weeks before the cancellation.

21 hours ago, WeLuvVacation said:

Got our full refund one week after Royal canceled and we applied (same day) for the cash refund. No problems, no hassles.

Glad you got your refund so quickly, did you just cancel via the e-mail that was sent from Royal or did you call yourself and request the refund?  Like most, the date we were told by Royal we would receive our refund has come and gone. So disappointing.  We did receive the e-mail from Royal last week apologizing for the delay and that we should receive the refund soon.  

Cancelled the March 29 cruise in the mid of March. No refund yet. Called in just now, and was told it may take up to 45 business days since request submitted. 

It is apparently that they don’t process the requests in order. Wait patiently.

2 hours ago, JeffT237 said:

Glad you got your refund so quickly, did you just cancel via the e-mail that was sent from Royal or did you call yourself and request the refund?  Like most, the date we were told by Royal we would receive our refund has come and gone. So disappointing.  We did receive the e-mail from Royal last week apologizing for the delay and that we should receive the refund soon.  

Used the link that Royal provided for the cancellation, also called and e-mailed the travel agent we use asking for them to process the cash refund as well.