Latest Message from LLP regarding Crew

11 hours ago, Mojogurued said:

That's not what I read.

Read between the lines. Go over to the Holland America  board and read what they're saying. The former head of Holland America who is now in charge of the Holland America group is consolidating management and saving the salaries of the heads of Holland America line and Seabourn.

It wouldn't be a bad idea for RCI to do the same with Celebrity. All that's happened in the last few years is that the Celebrity prices have kept going up to the point that we have had to look elsewhere. RCL keeps going for bigger and bigger ships and I personally don't like them. Whoever is making these decisions has to face the music eventually.

After the COVID crisis finally starts to subside, there will be for quite some time the following consequences:  bankruptcies and reorganizations,  fewer cruise lines,  consolidations,  fewer ships,  fewer new builds and renovations, fewer passengers, higher costs,  lower revenue and profits.  All of this will result in salary dumps even for higher ups and senior executives.  It is already starting with the CCL announcements.  There might be a number of unemployed captains too.

13 hours ago, NordicPrince said:

Read between the lines. Go over to the Holland America  board and read what they're saying. The former head of Holland America who is now in charge of the Holland America group is consolidating management and saving the salaries of the heads of Holland America line and Seabourn.

It wouldn't be a bad idea for RCI to do the same with Celebrity. All that's happened in the last few years is that the Celebrity prices have kept going up to the point that we have had to look elsewhere. RCL keeps going for bigger and bigger ships and I personally don't like them. Whoever is making these decisions has to face the music eventually.

That is someone else's mistake about the bigger and bigger RCL ships. Just as much as I'm sure some around here would like to see LLP gone, she also might be the more sensible person to take over a larger role as OTHERS leave.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TeeRick said:

After the COVID crisis finally starts to subside, there will be for quite some time the following consequences:  bankruptcies and reorganizations,  fewer cruise lines,  consolidations,  fewer ships,  fewer new builds and renovations, fewer passengers, higher costs,  lower revenue and profits.  All of this will result in salary dumps even for higher ups and senior executives.  It is already starting with the CCL announcements.  There might be a number of unemployed captains too.

Completely agree.  There can't be millions and millions of people without a job in the US alone without the expectation that higher ups in the cruise industry will remain untouched.  Personally though, I've never ingrained myself so deeply into the who and what of upper management of the cruise industry to form an opinion about who should stay and who should go.  if LLP's leadership is bad, I've never felt it.

I'm not sure how so many people here judge LLP's leadership at Celebrity.  Her Leadership skills are of course important to her employees across Celebrity and to her Celebrity management team.  Her own bosses at RCCL will ultimately judge her leadership in normal times and crisis times.  Profit delivery and shareholder value are high on that list to RCCL.  There is a lot behind the scenes that most of just don't know but many are quick to judge and blame, or support for that matter.  I think what we see are only some parts of her leadership - her "setting the vision" as an example.  Like building E-class ships or cultural themes or even Hoppenization.  Now that part of leadership is highly visible and public and many of us can evaluate it and agree or disagree.  We can also evaluate her public communication skills and messages.  All of the things that are seen by us as customers.  But just a part of the whole picture on how she is internally evaluated.  But can we really know enough about her personally to judge her honesty and integrity? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TeeRick said:

I'm not sure how so many people here judge LLP's leadership at Celebrity.  Her Leadership skills are of course important to her employees across Celebrity and to her Celebrity management team.  Her own bosses at RCCL will ultimately judge her leadership in normal times and crisis times.  Profit delivery and shareholder value are high on that list to RCCL.  There is a lot behind the scenes that most of just don't know but many are quick to judge and blame, or support for that matter.  I think what we see are only some parts of her leadership - her "setting the vision" as an example.  Like building E-class ships or cultural themes or even Hoppenization.  Now that part of leadership is highly visible and public and many of us can evaluate it and agree or disagree.  We can also evaluate her public communication skills and messages.  All of the things that are seen by us as customers.  But just a part of the whole picture on how she is internally evaluated.  But can we really know enough about her personally to judge her honesty and integrity? 

Honesty and integrity in the cruise industry, must be an oxymoron. The whole management team for the RCL Corporation should be canned just on the way they handled this pandemic. The way they treated/treating their customers, and especially their employees on the ships, is a shame. Let's not forget them not having enough "rainy day funds" to keep them afloat for a period of time, before having to borrow a ton of money and put part of their fleet up as collateral. This could end very badly or drag on for years because of greed and arrogance.

• Like 1

Interesting article( local Fla news) about an American  citizen stuck on a cruise ship  in  an Italian port.  He worked in a jewelry store onboard...living in crew quarters.. His Covid test results  have varied..so no green light to return home to Fla from Italy

He is under much mental stress according to his parents.

https://www.wfla.com/news/florida/florida-man-has-been-stuck-on-cruise-ship-for-8-weeks/

The Employee name badges in the videa do not look like Celebrity ones...but a sad saga nevertheless.  Not quite an international adventure!

Edited by hcat