Specific Refund Questions Regarding Princess Canceling A Cruise

These are very specific questions.  There are already pages and pages about not getting a refund.  What I want to know is if Princess has actually refunded your money.  I am not interested in FCC vouchers.

1. When did Princess cancel your cruise?

2. Was your outlay a deposit amount or paid-in-full?

3. How long did the refund take?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Heartfelttraveler said:

These are very specific questions.  There are already pages and pages about not getting a refund.  What I want to know is if Princess has actually refunded your money.  I am not interested in FCC vouchers.

1). March 6/20- cancelled by me per - email offer from Princess. 

2). Paid in full

3) refund of taxes, fees, excursions, drinks, dining  received by March 6/20. Posted to credit card same day TA cancelled cruise. 

hope this helps and I followed your instructions properly.   FFC received By end of March. 

dog

Be safe. Be kind. 

Edited by dog

1. When did Princess cancel your cruise? March 4 for the March 7 Grand Princess Sailing

2. Was your outlay a deposit amount or paid-in-full? Paid in full

3. How long did the refund take? received refunds for everything within 3  days EXCEPT a $500 gift card that I had used to pay towards the cruise and a $200 FCD that was initially put back on my account and then expired.  These have not been refunded.  I will never buy another cruise line gift card.

Edited by mbglib
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On March 12, Princess cancelled the March 14 Sky Princess western caribbean sailing on me and my family, total three guests who also had shore excursions booked directly with Princess  using Princess website.

In response to Original Post:

1. March 12

2. Two dollars' deposit on cruise fare  in November 2018, via credit card. Final payment of remainder of the cruise fare  in late 2019, via credit card.

3. I asked for cash refund option on March 12. On March 12, I filled out Princess's choose-an-option reply form two hours after Princess's "Pause 1" Cruises Cancellations email message  hit my inbox (based on the email time-stamp then).

Yesterday, the cruise fare and guest 1's shore excursion cost  were refunded back to my credit card account  as three separate refund-amounts -- showing up as  two dollars, final payment dollar-amount, and guest 1 shore-ex amount.

I am waiting for them to refund guest 2's shore-ex amount and guest 3's shore-ex amount.

• Like 1

All cruises cancelled by Princess:

Cruise Date: March 22, 2020
Cancelation Date: March 4th 
Refund Date: March 12th:  100% $$ + 50% FCC. Other 50% FCC pndg

BUT::

Cruise Date: March 29, 2020
Cancelation Date: March 12th 
Refund date: FCC April 20th. May 13th transferred $434.32 to pay off non- cruise fare charges on August 2021 cruise. It was stuck 'in process' and I was going to Alaska anyway. 

Cruise Date: September 4, 2020

Cancelation Date: April 28, 2020

Refund Date: absolutely no idea but hope before end of year

On 5/9/2020 at 10:12 AM, Heartfelttraveler said:

1. End of March 2020

2. paid in full

3. exactly 60 days from the date I submitted the online form to Princess selecting Option 2

• Like 2

1 hour ago, muffydawg said:

1. End of March 2020

2. paid in full

3. exactly 60 days from the date I submitted the online form to Princess selecting Option 2

Happy for you. So many threads asking for this info. Have you decided on a cruise to use FCC?