Will there be any further Regents cruises in 2020?

Steve, what you say is certainly possible.  I am an eternal optimist and tend to see the positive side of most things.  While we are not particularly worried about the plane or the ship, we do have concerns about some but not all ports.  Our November cruise is to the Middle East.  This is the one that I feel has a good chance of sailing.  However, due to what just happened in New Zealand, our January 2021 New Zealand/Australia cruise may not sail.  There is a good chance that our March 2021 cruise will sail as it is a transatlantic cruise and if they made no stops, we would be fine with that.

Only time will tell how this will play out.  For now, if people in the U.S. united and fought this virus together - the outlook for this country would be much more positive than it currently is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, greykitty said:

I wonder if the next 10-Q will be enlightening at all re future plans.  There might be an indication of which ships, if any, would be put into true cold layup, let's say.  

I do not think any Regent ships are scheduled for this as of today....but that is a GUESS.

@pcardad, I agree that almost any future plans are a 'guess' at this point, although I think management is probably looking at very conservative scenarios, just in case, as well as optimistic, hey, we'll get some cruises in 2020 yet! 

But, if the 10-Q has any specific future planning thoughts in it, that might give all us tea-leaf readers more to play with. I was particularly thinking of cold lay-up given the Carnival comments this week about sending possibly scrapping some of the older ships in its fleet.  NCL doesn't have that issue of aging ships, as far as I can see, but they also might want to 'downsize' maintenance of existing ships as much as possible, if they think fielding a full fleet is some years off.  The SEC filings might, possibly, give some hints at the months go on.

I can only imagine all the scenarios being drawn up and numbers run these days - and how curveballs keep getting thrown at everyone in all areas of operations and finance.

8 minutes ago, docmark said:

----------"However, due to what just happened in New Zealand, our January 2021 New Zealand/Australia cruise may not sail. "

What just happened in New Zealand?

https://www.ibtimes.com/new-zealand-still-has-coronavirus-after-weeks-free-covid-19-new-cases-emerge-2995217

New Zealand had been COVID free when two travelers from the UK brought in new cases.  I understand the two UK women were there to see a dying relative - not just being tourists.   At least it appears New Zealand has good contact tracing.  That said, bet lots of people there will not want a bunch of 'day tourists' hopping on and off cruise ships anytime in the near future.

27 minutes ago, greykitty said:

But, if the 10-Q has any specific future planning thoughts in it, that might give all us tea-leaf readers more to play with.

the 10-Q SEC filing will be due by midAugust. Same for RCL and CCL. 

Crystal is part of a non US company, but it looks like they share a 6 month report around the end of August.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, greykitty said:

@pcardad, I agree that almost any future plans are a 'guess' at this point, although I think management is probably looking at very conservative scenarios, just in case, as well as optimistic, hey, we'll get some cruises in 2020 yet! 

But, if the 10-Q has any specific future planning thoughts in it, that might give all us tea-leaf readers more to play with. I was particularly thinking of cold lay-up given the Carnival comments this week about sending possibly scrapping some of the older ships in its fleet.  NCL doesn't have that issue of aging ships, as far as I can see, but they also might want to 'downsize' maintenance of existing ships as much as possible, if they think fielding a full fleet is some years off.  The SEC filings might, possibly, give some hints at the months go on.

I can only imagine all the scenarios being drawn up and numbers run these days - and how curveballs keep getting thrown at everyone in all areas of operations and finance.

Remember the 8-K re going concern. Don't read too much into any filing. Just a thought.

5 hours ago, mrlevin said:

Although I was critical at first, pcardad is a very welcome addition to this forum; I really look forward to each and every post he makes; I have become a convert.

Marc

Not quite an apology but close enough. Certainly he contributes more than some prolific posters.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, CruiserFromMaine said:

the 10-Q SEC filing will be due by midAugust. Same for RCL and CCL. 

Crystal is part of a non US company, but it looks like they share a 6 month report around the end of August.  

All three major cruise lines are non- US companies as well and listed on USdtock exchange so 10-Qs are required by US SEC rules. Crystal is now owned by Genting Hong Kong and an OTC stock in the US so also required to submit 10-Q by SEC so same filing requirements. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, rallydave said:

All three major cruise lines are non- US companies as well and listed on USdtock exchange so 10-Qs are required by US SEC rules.

yes, this is more precise. It’s the US listing that triggers SEC reporting. 

9 minutes ago, rallydave said:

Crystal is now owned by Genting Hong Kong and an OTC stock in the US so also required to submit 10-Q by SEC so same filing requirements. 

‘I didn’t realize that. I’ll go looking!