Best Miami cruise port hotel

First of all let me say thank you to who ever takes the time to respond to my post.  We are not cruising until 2021 so I'm in research mode right now.  I am looking for the best Miami hotel near the cruise port and would like to know why you are claiming this hotel to be the best.  I would like to stay around the $200 per night range and be within walking distance to diners.  What mode of transportation did you use to get to the port? (Carnival)  Would prefer downtown but not opposed to staying near the airport either.  We will be flying into Miami and do not plan on renting a car.  Thanks all!!  Stay safe out there.

Edited by Anyislandwilldo

When in 2021?  The $300+ room in February can go for $100 or less in August.

Lots of downtown hotels to choose from. With a view of the port you can look at the Intercontinental, Holiday Inn, Doubletree and the next door Marriott. Others to consider include the Hampton Inn and Hyatt Centric in the Mary Brickell area, with lots of nearby dining options.

Unless you are flying in late and just want a room, I would avoid Airport area hotels.I

UberX or standard Lyft from MIA to downtown hotels will run about $15-20: another $10+ ride will get you to the port the next morning.

Good luck with your search. 😎

This was our balcony view from the Gabriel in downtown Miami back in November.  Uber ride to the port the next morning was $8-9 for two and very quick.  We got a great rate in November but rates can vary a fair bit based on season.  It is however very close to the port.  I've had friends who stayed at the Hyatt Centric Brickell last year and raved about it as well, also very close.

I agree that I would spend a few extra dollars and stay downtown.  The proximity to the port, good food, etc is worth a little more IMO.

Gabriel.jpg

When I’m looking at hotels what is the area called near the port? Don’t want to book Doubletree is it’s not the correct one. We are also interested in amenities near the hotel like restaurants and place to buy wine.

Thanks so much for taking time to reply.

1 hour ago, Big Tiger Fan said:

When I’m looking at hotels what is the area called near the port? Don’t want to book Doubletree is it’s not the correct one. We are also interested in amenities near the hotel like restaurants and place to buy wine.

Any of the ones mentioned by John in DC would fit. If staying at the Holiday Inn or Intercontinental, plenty of restaurant choices in Bayside marketplace across Biscayne.  CVS on Biscayne has wine. There's Bayside Liquors a block or so away one 3rd Ave.  If down at one of the hotels around Brickell Village, again lots or restaurant choices and there are a number of liquor stores.wine stores in the area including Publix on Biscayne.

1 hour ago, Big Tiger Fan said:

The Doubletree on Bayshore drive (not the one near the airport) and the next door Marriott are good choices, with nearby dining/shopping options.  Some rooms offer a view of the port and the pool at the Doubletree is amazing!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JohninDC said:

The Doubletree on Bayshore drive (not the one near the airport) and the next door Marriott are good choices, with nearby dining/shopping options.  Some rooms offer a view of the port and the pool at the Doubletree is amazing!

We just booked doubletree across from port have balcony view, love this hotel , in lobby area there are several restaurants some with live music and liquor store marriot is on same property. Love waking up and being able to see the ship from the balcony.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Last October, after 18 months of research, we stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites Midtown Miami. Fantastic relevantly new hotel, very welcoming staff. Close to many places to eat and shops at Midtown is just behind the hotel.

We used the hotels shuttle to the port which I think was $7 pp and only took 10 mins