Question on lift and shift

tigger54

1 hour ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Your new cruise has to be the same length, very similar itinerary and same class ship (you can go from S to M and vis a versa but not S or M to E class).  So, if your original cruise was Australia your new cruise would have to be an Australian cruise.  In the Caribbean you have more options, such as East to West.

I woke up in the middle of the night and this was rumbling through my mind. That is wrong to not just give you a credit to apply to any cruise. Sadly I am afraid our distant travel is not in the cards. I did see the name of the old travel agent who I took the booking back from because she was pathetic in the lift and shift form. It I’d my understanding the TAs commission is protected, but not our money. Please correct me if I am wrong. 

5 minutes ago, alwaysonaship said:

I woke up in the middle of the night and this was rumbling through my mind. That is wrong to not just give you a credit to apply to any cruise. Sadly I am afraid our distant travel is not in the cards. I did see the name of the old travel agent who I took the booking back from because she was pathetic in the lift and shift form. It I’d my understanding the TAs commission is protected, but not our money. Please correct me if I am wrong. 

There are 3 programs under Cruise with Confidence.  Lift and Shift is one of those programs and works very well for those who have good pricing/perks and want to take the same cruise just next year.   If you just want credit to use against another cruise they will give you 100% FCC for your cruise fare and refund your taxes/fees if you just want to cancel your reservation.   You can do this any time up to 48 hrs prior to the sailing.   If you are looking for a refund then the ball is in Celebrity's court as that will only happen if they cancel the cruise.    Of course if you are before final payment you can cancel and if you have a refundable deposit it will be refunded to you.   If you have a NRD they are waiving admin fees and giving the whole deposit as FCC.

Mine was 3 weeks.  The "bot" really just collects the information.  From what I understand then they all go through the Resolutions department for processing.   Nothing to do with accounting is ever done via automated systems with Celebrity.

2 hours ago, hcat said:

Nothing  back yet..rep said the offer reads 72 hr reply but mentioned it could take a bit  longer.   What time frame have others experienced using the "bot" feature!

We were never notified. We just looked at the Celebrity site and signed in.  When we looked at our already booked cruises, the new cruise was there.  Not sure how long it took because it was probably 48 hours before we signed in to check and see if old cruise was gone.  Really faster than expected.

We did it early in the process and had our new booking invoice within 24-48 hours, can't remember exactly. We also did not have to pick 3 sailings but went through our CVP who said she had to use the same process we would have used on line. Glad it worked out for us since we L&S a B2B cruise.  Hope it works out for you.

Amazing! Thanks again...Cruise Critic friends know best!

Dh checked and we  have shifted to 10  days Southern Carib itin  on Reflection..Jan 2022  ( another Birthday Cruise!)  .  Same price and perks as the Connie, which was a great deal. We will have to call for the  updated invoice..

We were given  Sky Suite  2212. Ports listed are St Lucia, Barbados, Antigua , St Kitts( Nevis). .Been to them all but not in awhile..good choices.

We have an Aft balcony which we loved on Edge.  Awesome views, sunrise, sunset and  stars at night!

Only drawback is being under the back of the buffet. ( noise?) And possible noise from movies 2 flights up. But quite pleased.

Also  very good that we can walk just 1 flight up to the buffet and pool deck and the spa is on our same deck! Hope by the CR is gone! 

Just have to get through  2021 without a cruise but then we have this one and APEX  which we plan to  move to  another date.