Royal/Regal Room E411

Team M&M

Hi all, I have been looking online just about everywhere to see if I could understand what the balcony looks like in this room.  From the images I am finding, it looks to be bowed in slightly.  Has anyone stayed in this room on either the Royal or the Regal? We are booked in another room at the moment, but looking at the illustrations I have found online, it looks like an interesting balcony.

I know I have seen online (somewhere!) a place where you can click on the picture of each side and it will show you which room you are clicking on, If someone can direct me there, I may be able to find the room, focus in on it and have a good look.  It's more mid ship than we normally pick and has been mentioned that the balcony does offer a different view, so... I'm finally here :) Hoping someone could assist and either let me know if they have been in that room or if someone knows where I can see a pic of the balcony in particular :)

thanks for any direction,

9 hours ago, Team M&M said:

Hi all, I have been looking online just about everywhere to see if I could understand what the balcony looks like in this room.  From the images I am finding, it looks to be bowed in slightly.  Has anyone stayed in this room on either the Royal or the Regal? We are booked in another room at the moment, but looking at the illustrations I have found online, it looks like an interesting balcony.

I know I have seen online (somewhere!) a place where you can click on the picture of each side and it will show you which room you are clicking on, If someone can direct me there, I may be able to find the room, focus in on it and have a good look.  It's more mid ship than we normally pick and has been mentioned that the balcony does offer a different view, so... I'm finally here 🙂 Hoping someone could assist and either let me know if they have been in that room or if someone knows where I can see a pic of the balcony in particular 🙂

@Team M&M

Howdy & welcome back to posting on the Cruise Critic message boards! I see it has been quite a while since you have posted. emo22.gif 

Thank you for starting a new thread on the Ask a Cruise Question forum for general questions regarding cruising. 👍  However since your inquiry concerns a specific cruise line and their ships, to help you out I have moved your thread to the Princess Cruises forum where it will be on-topic. The majority of your fellow Cruise Critic members that have sailed Princess frequent the forum and provide feedback there. Browse through the thread titles on the forum looking for threads of interest. You will probably find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that will be of interest to you.

I sincerely hope this will be helpful and glad to have you back aboard the Cruise Critic message board!  emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

Edited by Host Kat
Typo due to fat fingers & skinny laptop keys!

10 hours ago, Team M&M said:

I know I have seen online (somewhere!) a place where you can click on the picture of each side and it will show you which room you are clicking on, If someone can direct me there, I may be able to find the room, focus in on it and have a good look.  It's more mid ship than we normally pick and has been mentioned that the balcony does offer a different view, so... I'm finally here 🙂 Hoping someone could assist and either let me know if they have been in that room or if someone knows where I can see a pic of the balcony in particular 🙂

Great choice. Deluxe balcony cabin, with small sofa sitting area, etc. And larger than standard balcony - that angle to the balcony makes it deeper than normal, meaning you can comfortably so out there, rather than being a bit tight.. also, no obstruction to speak of at all when looking straight out, no lifeboat covering the bottom portion of the balcony area, etc.  And near midship stairs and elevators, for much easier access to the whole ship...

It's a great choice..

PS: Cruise Ship Deck Plans for com (not sure I can post the actual address). Renmar's site .

It is an "angled" balcony which is larger than the "regular" balconies on the

side of the ship. If you look up photos online (images) you will be able to 

locate it on the ship. You can also look up "angled balconies on the Regal Princess"

and look at the tab called "images" versus "All".

You would be about 11 cabins from the elevators.

I believe that you would be many decks under the skywalk with no lifeboats

directly below.

• 4 weeks later...

Here is a couple of links, which may help to answer your questions.  I like the balcony cabins mid-ship on Emerald, as there isn't really an obstruction looking straight out, only down.

https://sites.google.com/site/royalregalprincess/home/8-emerald

Also here is an older thread 9 pages all about various obstructed view cabins on Emerald deck:

We had E410 on the Royal last Fall and 411 will be very similar but on the port side.  It's a great choice due to it's unobstructed views and large balcony.  Cabins in that area are the 1st to sell out as they are priced as obstruct views.

20 hours ago, macmax said:

We had E410 on the Royal last Fall and 411 will be very similar but on the port side.  It's a great choice due to it's unobstructed views and large balcony.  Cabins in that area are the 1st to sell out as they are priced as obstruct views.

Looks like the one next door e409  balcony is slightly larger - is that true?