Cunard Cruises Cancelled Until November

Cunard, another member of the Carnival family has cancelled more cruises.  All sailings have been cancelled for Queen Mary 2 and Queen Victoria up to November 1, and for Queen Elizabeth up to November 23.  The link to the article:   https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-hampshire-52979123?fbclid=IwAR2tHatxX031o8gTUBKr2_HXwfejJdX3PyALTyXkRVdjd1RJEIHtD1NMDGw

I wonder if HAL will eventually follow suit.  Certainly hope not since I have November and December cruises booked.

45 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Cunard, another member of the Carnival family has cancelled more cruises.  All sailings have been cancelled for Queen Mary 2 and Queen Victoria up to November 1, and for Queen Elizabeth up to November 23.  

I wonder if HAL will eventually follow suit.  Certainly hope not since I have November and December cruises booked.

HAL's website is way out of date.  They have cruises still scheduled as early as September, and several ships leaving/arriving in Vancouver and Victoria, despite the fact that Canadian ports, for several weeks now,  have been closed to cruise ships until 31 October.

2 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

I am not surprised to hear that Cunard has cancelled more cruises -- very wise as many ports have not reopened.

Right -- HAL is behind in what is happening.  With Ashford gone, some needs to start taking the helm.

The website was behind long before Ashford left.

Cruise cancellations were delayed IMO under his watch.  I knew our TA couldn't go with covid and port closures but with the warnings since HAL didn't move and kept insisting it was going I had no choice but to bite the bullet and lose.

My trip cancellation insurance required it.  

• Like 1