When the the balance due date change

cruisinmeme

10 minutes ago, cruisinmeme said:

In the past it seems we paid off out cruise off approximately 2 months. Prior to cruise and suites 2 1/2 -3 months ahead. Now it is 4 months before the cruise.  Is this another COVID casualty ?

Nope. Final payment has been 120 days for a while now. 

• Like 2

Just now, BirdTravels said:

But for the cruise i booked today it was due 4 months ahead of the cruise (regular balcony cabin). I rarely pay attention to this but it caught my attention today.

40 minutes ago, cruisinmeme said:

. . . Now it is 4 months before the cruise.  Is this another COVID casualty ?

29 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

All of my future NCL bookings have the 4 months final payment window as well.

• Like 1

In the past it seems we paid off out cruise off approximately 2 months. Prior to cruise and suites 2 1/2 -3 months ahead. Now it is 4 months before the cruise.  Is this another COVID casualty ?

NCL changed the final payment due date from 90 days to 120 days in the spring of 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

1 hour ago, mnventure said:

NCL changed the final payment due date from 90 days to 120 days in the spring of 2018.

Yes, but now it is 160 days (tad over 4 months) 

we were on the last cruise before shut down and i know it wasn’t paid off that far in advance.

1 minute ago, cruisinmeme said:

we were on the last cruise before shut down and i know it wasn’t paid off that far in advance.

4x30=  120

• Like 4

No, it’s still 120 days. (Which is about 4 months).

• Like 1

Last weekend I changed our Breakaway out of NY in Nov to Jade out of Tampa in Jan.  Booked a GTY balcony just checked allocated a BA on deck 10 and final payment is 5 Oct so 90 days before sale.  My Breakaway booking was also 90 days this was only booked in Nov 19.

I dont understand the reason of such prepayments. I would rather pay in full and get a full benefit package in case of cancelation rather then be fed with promises of the cruise being returned in a very short time. Moreover, I would not purchase a cruise if I am not sure that it wont be cancelled 

11 hours ago, huskypup said:

Last weekend I changed our Breakaway out of NY in Nov to Jade out of Tampa in Jan.  Booked a GTY balcony just checked allocated a BA on deck 10 and final payment is 5 Oct so 90 days before sale.  My Breakaway booking was also 90 days this was only booked in Nov 19.

It's 90 days in the UK, but 120 days in the USA.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Roger88 said:

I dont understand the reason of such prepayments. I would rather pay in full and get a full benefit package in case of cancelation rather then be fed with promises of the cruise being returned in a very short time. Moreover, I would not purchase a cruise if I am not sure that it wont be cancelled 

Because your reservation is tying up inventory that they could sell to someone really interested in sailing. 

And no one is feeding you promises. The cruise lines, like the denny's down the street, all want to reopen. And when the United States of America tell them "not yet" or "sell your first born if you want to reopen", the cruise lines are forced to keep cancelling cruises. Blame your country, not the cruise line. They would be tickled pink if they could run cruises today. And there are more than enough people who are willing to cruise today to make that happen. 

I have 2 reservations booked through a foreign NCL website for sailings from Miami  & London my final payment dates are appx . 70 days for both, the sailings are Feb & May 2021.

go figure!
I live in Florida