When will NCL allow us to use FCC for 2023 cruises?

"More"???    There weren't any 2021 cruises canceled on this last round.    You're still referring to a month ago?  

I simply don't book far ahead and like snagging the previous last minute bargains.     But,  who knows-  what marketing and trends will be offered in the future?    

50 minutes ago, Budget Queen said:

"More"???    There weren't any 2021 cruises canceled on this last round.    You're still referring to a month ago?  

I simply don't book far ahead and like snagging the previous last minute bargains.     But,  who knows-  what marketing and trends will be offered in the future?    

No, I am referring to this week.   Jewel from NZ to Sydney, Sydney to Papeete. Since I had 1 booking number, they also canceled my Papeete to Hawaii leg.

STeve

29 minutes ago, casofilia said:

@Budget Queen

There weren't any 2021 cruises canceled on this last round.  

All the Jewel 2021 cruises were cancelled till about April.   I know as I had 2 cancelled for Jan and Feb.

And this was not canceled  -  this round-.     Of course it's known about the Jewel cancels a month ago-  old news.  

4 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

No, I am referring to this week.   Jewel from NZ to Sydney, Sydney to Papeete. Since I had 1 booking number, they also canceled my Papeete to Hawaii leg.

STeve

???    The only list of canceled cruises,  2 days ago-  on the current list is August and Sept.  cruises.     The sailing you are mentioning is next spring?    You may have been starting in Sept,  in Alaska.    Wow-  that would be a trip.   🙂   

To clarify:-

The official notification to passengers of the cancellations of the Jewel's cruises is dated  June 10th.   That was amended on the 11th when the offer to us changed from 10% FCC of the cruise fare to 10% discount (called an FCC).

Edited by casofilia

Easily.  My inclination is to live as long as possible so having things to look forward to is what what keeps me going; I'm only 77!!   Plenty of time for cruising yet; after all other people do all the work we do when we are at home!!

17 hours ago, complawyer said:

how can  you plan that far ahead for 2023? my favorite line is i may not even live that long.  if im  thinking of booking a cruise, the longest is a year out

I rarely book even a year out.  🤩🤩.   Mostly very late.       I don’t get it either.    It isn’t just “living “ that long- It’s the endless opportunities NOW.    Looking forward?  For me. Nope-   It’s what hot spot opportunity-  now.      Good example right now.    All the big plans made years ago.   

23 hours ago, casofilia said:

To clarify:-

The official notification to passengers of the cancellations of the Jewel's cruises is dated  June 10th.   That was amended on the 11th when the offer to us changed from 10% FCC of the cruise fare to 10% discount (called an FCC).

It's FCD (Future Cruise Discount) not FCC 😉🙃

We have one 100% FCC (set price), one 25% FCC (set price), one 25% FCD and two 10% FCD. We haven't applied any of them yet, but we already booked a couple of 2022 cruises and applied the CNs to these as deposits. We have until Feb/Mar/Apr 2021 to decide which cruises to apply which FCCs and FCDs to.

Sorry to hear that your 2 Winter/Spring 2021 Jewel cruises got canned. I think NCL will find new itineraries to replace the canned cruises, now that the Jewel isn't going to Australia/NZ/South Pacific.

How about trying for the Spirit's Australia/NZ Winter 2021/22? We have been eying the Spirit's Nov 2021 Dubai-Singapore (with 4 India ports and one Sri Lanka) but we're not too sure about going - we'll wait and see. We loved our time on the "new" Spirit this past Feb.

Cheers!

Edited by bluesea777

@bluesea777

It's FCD (Future Cruise Discount) not FCC 

That it what it is used as, a discount, but all the Captains' Letters of the 11th and 14th March and the cancellation emails of the 10th and 11th June use the term, totally incorrectly, Future Cruise Credit.

image.png.2c0d22f182f3fafbf25f316a73464bb1.png

image.thumb.png.e5949f8c162ac5930935d882a2010b88.png

Please be advised that a full refund will be automatically returned to the form of payment provided at the time of booking. As we are sure you share our disappointment, we have issued a future cruise credit, worth 10% of the price paid for your previously scheduled cruise. This credit can be used for up to one year from today's date and can be applied towards any of our currently published sailings between January 1, 2021 through December 31, 2022. The future cruise credit will be available on June 15, 2020.

Please be advised that a full refund will be automatically returned to the form of payment provided at the time of booking. As we are sure you share our disappointment, we have issued a future cruise credit, worth 10% toward your future cruise. This credit can be used for up to one year from today's date and can be applied towards any of our currently published sailings between January 1, 2021 through December 31, 2022. The future cruise credit will be available on June 15, 2020. This offer supersedes the previously communicated future cruise credit information.

23 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

Sorry to hear that your 2 Winter/Spring 2021 Jewel cruises got canned. I think NCL will find new itineraries to replace the canned cruises, now that the Jewel isn't going to Australia/NZ/South Pacific.

How about trying for the Spirit's Australia/NZ Winter 2021/22? We have been eying the Spirit's Nov 2021 Dubai-Singapore (with 4 India ports and one Sri Lanka) but we're not too sure about going - we'll wait and see. We loved our time on the "new" Spirit this past Feb.

Cheers!

I have 35 days on the Sun on 1/2/2023 so too close together and I have 36 days on the Jade ,Athens to Cape town November 2021.

Steve

@bluesea777

We live in NZ and have never done "Ditch Crossing" and the two cruises we had booked for our summer 2021 cruises fitted the bill perfectly using some of the FCC and deposits we had received.   We also like the Jewel having spent 76 days on it  2017/18 and that was what finally hooked us to those cruises.

We have 66 days already booked Dec/Jan 2021/22 in the Caribbean and round South America so that idea would be out.

However I would really recommend Dubai-Singapore, we did that on the Star in October 2016 and had a wonderful trip.   The Indian shorex were real eye-openers and Sri Lanka was far the better country, pity there was only 1 port there.   Just be careful that you don't cause any problems with the Spirit's Azipods!!!!!   The Star's packed in after we got off in Singapore!!!!   Not our fault we blame it on Djamel who also got off there.

Similar to other cruisers, I am holding different forms of credits:

a. 2x CNCs (use and complete by Jan 2021), 

b. 1x 25% FCD (use and complete by Feb 2021),

c. 1x 10% FCD (use by June 2021 and complete by Dec 2022), 

d. 2x FCC fixed amount (use and complete by Jan 2022),

I tried to book 2 cruises this year, the Jade in Feb 2020 and the Jewel in Dec 2020, aiming at utilizing the expiring CNCs but both cruises were cancelled by NCL. Currently, the only cruise that I am interested in is the Spirit Nov 2021 from Dubai - Singapore solely because my friends are booked on that cruise.

My questions:  

1. Do I have to apply the FCDs and the CNCs at the time of booking (i.e. prior to Jan 2021) so that I may be able to get the one time extension of the expiry date for these credits?

2. What if, the booked cruise (Nov 2021) will be cancelled in the future date, say mid-2021, how would NCL handle the already expired CNCs (Jan 2021)? For non-expired CNCs, I understand that they would be re credited back to the Latitude Account.  

Thanks.

On 6/19/2020 at 1:43 PM, mscdivina2016 said:

When will NCL allow us to use FCC for 2023 cruises

Well 3 more cancelled for 2021 by NCL.

I still have 6 booked and plenty of FCC.

I thought we had 1 year to use FCC, but when we do they cancel.

Steve

Yes they will eventually

7 hours ago, Serengeti228 said:

Similar to other cruisers, I am holding different forms of credits:

a. 2x CNCs (use and complete by Jan 2021), 

b. 1x 25% FCD (use and complete by Feb 2021),

c. 1x 10% FCD (use by June 2021 and complete by Dec 2022), 

d. 2x FCC fixed amount (use and complete by Jan 2022),

I tried to book 2 cruises this year, the Jade in Feb 2020 and the Jewel in Dec 2020, aiming at utilizing the expiring CNCs but both cruises were cancelled by NCL. Currently, the only cruise that I am interested in is the Spirit Nov 2021 from Dubai - Singapore solely because my friends are booked on that cruise.

My questions:  

1. Do I have to apply the FCDs and the CNCs at the time of booking (i.e. prior to Jan 2021) so that I may be able to get the one time extension of the expiry date for these credits?

2. What if, the booked cruise (Nov 2021) will be cancelled in the future date, say mid-2021, how would NCL handle the already expired CNCs (Jan 2021)? For non-expired CNCs, I understand that they would be re credited back to the Latitude Account.  

Thanks.

Anything expiring has to be used by the date.

Cruise Next-  has been frequently  reported -  getting a single 1 year extension.    Alternatively-   There are markets for selling and occasionally trading with someone who cruises a lot more frequently,  and/ or.   doesn’t book far ahead.   

4 hours ago, Budget Queen said:

Anything expiring has to be used by the date.

I question that.

They are operating in Florida. Florida law states you cannot put an expiration date on credit memos (FCC), gift cards, and gift certificates.

I don't know if that applies to non residents??? I am a FL resident and I emailed the AGs office with that question.

I have noticed 2 things, on my NCL account it uses the words "coupon" but the letter I received regarding cancellation stated Future cruise "credit".  So they, as the maker of the letter, the language defaults to credit.

I also question them cancelling cruises paid with FCC and not giving us a refund option now.

Steve

9 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I question that.

They are operating in Florida. Florida law states you cannot put an expiration date on credit memos (FCC), gift cards, and gift certificates.

I don't know if that applies to non residents??? I am a FL resident and I emailed the AGs office with that question.

I have noticed 2 things, on my NCL account it uses the words "coupon" but the letter I received regarding cancellation stated Future cruise "credit".  So they, as the maker of the letter, the language defaults to credit.

I also question them cancelling cruises paid with FCC and not giving us a refund option now.

Steve

Florida doesn't come into the issue with who I was responding to-  someone from Asia.  And you have already verified this-  with contracts and small prints pertaining to NCL?  

Nope-  don't agree with the skewed logic-  you thinking,  the FCC terms-  agreed upon-  you can back peddle-  and go back to the beginning and change the terms.    

2 hours ago, Budget Queen said:

Florida doesn't come into the issue with who I was responding to-  someone from Asia.  And you have already verified this-  with contracts and small prints pertaining to NCL?  

Nope-  don't agree with the skewed logic-  you thinking,  the FCC terms-  agreed upon-  you can back peddle-  and go back to the beginning and change the terms.    

Actually verified it with my TA with the cancellation of the Spirit cruise letter. The TA has nothing else which is why I asked for clarification from AGs office. I did get an auto reply so we will know more probably in months.

Why is my logic skewed? I agreed to FCC for a future cruise. ( I already had it booked for 2021,so when TA got it, it was instantly applied) NCL now cancels cruise. I held up my end of the agreement ( actually for 5 cruises which all 5 were cancelled by NCL)

How many more times must I book and be cancelled on till I can change to a refund instead? 

My obligation was to use FCC to book a future cruise. I fulfilled my obligation.  They are not fulfilling theirs.

Steve

On 6/19/2020 at 12:43 PM, mscdivina2016 said:

When will NCL allow us to use FCC for 2023 cruises

Well 3 more cancelled for 2021 by NCL.

I still have 6 booked and plenty of FCC.

I thought we had 1 year to use FCC, but when we do they cancel.

Steve

If they do expire you could use them to book a 2022 and then just change your booking when 2023 comes out.  they will just transfer everything to your new booking.

8 hours ago, TSUmom said:

If they do expire you could use them to book a 2022 and then just change your booking when 2023 comes out.  they will just transfer everything to your new booking.

Have you personally done this?    There usually are no "transfers"  with NCL.   You might think there is,   but it's a cancel and another booking-  with  different booking numbers,  and the current terms.     IF you have an expired Cruise Next-  that you have already gotten,  the one year extension.   I'll speculate your idea-  will not work.    

9 hours ago, TSUmom said:

2023 is already out for some ships.

I am already booked on 4 for 2023 that I would like to use FCC on. I have way too much thanks to all these cancellations including 3 in 2021 already.

Steve