CLIA - No cruises from US Ports until September 15th.

Nashna

1 hour ago, cruisingator2 said:

Our numbers here are climbing. We opened up two weeks ago. Masks here in Palm Springs have been mandatory since April along with social distancing but now we’re getting a huge influx of people from nearby counties of which many do not or will not follow the rules. The city council voted to start yanking the business license of any business not enforcing the rules. 

Good news. Chase sent me a letter this morning. My dispute has been resolved with MSC. Case closed. 

Stay safe.

Glad the case with MSC is resolved.  Hopefully I get the same outcome with Cunard ... eventually.  

FL & CA are not doing great.  Cases on a massive rise.  NY now imposing a quarantine on visitors from FL just like we did them not long ago.  Like Palm Springs, Fort Lauderdale and Miami have had mandatory masks for some time now, and still do.  Also like Palm Springs we get lots of visitors from all over who may or may not follow the rules.  Frankly it's confusing having states, counties, and even municipalities all making their own rules.  Until this is under control, we really need a national Covid policy that everyone follows.  

Edited by eroller

50 minutes ago, eroller said:

Glad the case with MSC is resolved.  Hopefully I get the same outcome with Cunard ... eventually.  

FL & CA are not doing great.  Cases on a massive rise.  NY now imposing a quarantine on visitors from FL just like we did them not long ago.  Like Palm Springs, Fort Lauderdale and Miami have had mandatory masks for some time now, and still do.  Also like Palm Springs we get lots of visitors from all over who may or may not follow the rules.  Frankly it's confusing having states, counties, and even municipalities all making their own rules.  Until this is under control, we really need a national Covid policy that everyone follows.  

Agree. Not trying to be political but needed a national plan from day one. In place of being proactive we’re now reactive and IMHO it’s a little too late. Sad.

9 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

Agree. Not trying to be political but needed a national plan from day one. In place of being proactive we’re now reactive and IMHO it’s a little too late. Sad.

Agree completely.  Other countries are making great progress against the virus. Meanwhile the US has the highest number of cases and instead of improving we are regressing.  What we are doing is obviously not working ... and will only string this out longer and longer.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, eroller said:

Other countries are making great progress against the virus. Meanwhile the US has the highest number of cases and instead of improving we are regressing.  What we are doing is obviously not working ... and will only string this out longer and longer.  

England is certainly not one of those countries....it was reported on national news tonight there were half a million people (I kid not) descended on a beach in Bournemouth on the South coast today!! The beach stretches a long way, but they were cheek by jowl all across the beach....no toilets or bars or anything else open at the beach, and most went for a swim....work it out!

19 minutes ago, hamrag said:

England is certainly not one of those countries....it was reported on national news tonight there were half a million people (I kid not) descended on a beach in Bournemouth on the South coast today!! The beach stretches a long way, but they were cheek by jowl all across the beach....no toilets or bars or anything else open at the beach, and most went for a swim....work it out!

I’m sorry to hear this.  Apparently the US is not alone in its absurd approach to COVID. At this rate mainstream cruising may never return.  

10 hours ago, hamrag said:

10 hours ago, eroller said:

I’m sorry to hear this.  Apparently the US is not alone in its absurd approach to COVID. At this rate mainstream cruising may never return.  

And Bournemouth is only 35 miles from the biggest UK cruiseport, Southampton!

An interesting outline of what safeguards Ponant cruises will be introducing, upon returning. Bear in mind they are 'boutique' ships, between 180ish and 260ish passengers, with acres of space! This is direct from the Ponant CEO, not the opinion of any travel agency or similar.

There is no way we would be sailing, with these restrictions in place!

https://fr.calameo.com/read/00013242371fe0f908d85?authid=ekgNT5Wj7RSN

7 minutes ago, hamrag said:

An interesting outline of what safeguards Ponant cruises will be introducing, upon returning. Bear in mind they are 'boutique' ships, between 180ish and 260ish passengers, with acres of space! This is direct from the Ponant CEO, not the opinion of any travel agency or similar.

They own Paul Gauguin who resumes sailing end of July.  Between their protocols and those of French Polynesia, no way would we risk all the money and time to trek way over there.

Heck, even trek to Florida.

2 hours ago, hamrag said:

I frequently travel for a day or two before/getting to the cruise, how would I get a COVID-19 test and results two days before embarkation? 

Obligatory masks inside the ship.  No contact with outside populations and strictly controlled shore excursions. 

The ships will be empty.

2 hours ago, Até said:

I frequently travel for a day or two before/getting to the cruise, how would I get a COVID-19 test and results two days before embarkation? 

The ship itself would have to provide the test to every embarking passenger (easy on Ponant as the ships are small), and it would have to be a rapid test where the results are available within an hour.   

On 6/26/2020 at 11:19 AM, hamrag said:

An interesting outline of what safeguards Ponant cruises will be introducing, upon returning.

I realise until anyone actually sails we'll not know the impact to your cruise experience but this doesn't conjure up the images of the relaxed cruise experience we enjoy.

Unfortunately I think these types of safeguards are going to be required for quite a considerable length of time 😕 

There not going to these lengths for land based holidays, Spain will welcome millions of tourists this summer from all over Europe and other than wearing face masks when in enclosed spaces and social distancing there will not be many restrictions.

This will be the same across Europe.

16 minutes ago, cruiser man 60 said:

There not going to these lengths for land based holidays, Spain will welcome millions of tourists this summer from all over Europe and other than wearing face masks when in enclosed spaces and social distancing there will not be many restrictions.

Land based resorts don't have the stigma associated with them that cruise ships do concerning COVID.  The cruise industry took a major hit with COVID and still is.  They have a major perception problem to overcome if they want to be successful again.  Drastic times call for drastic measures.  So many out there now view cruise ships as plague ships.   

6 hours ago, cruiser man 60 said:

Tourism is easier on land based holidays as not everyone arrives at the same time or wishes to leave the hotel at the same time everyday, as you do on a cruise. Hotels don't have hundreds of people with excursions either. 

Spain will apparently review their no cruise ship policy in 2/3 months.