Island Princess Caribe Observation Deck

cricketts

Yes, it's all the way in the front of the ship.  At the very end of the passageway (both port and starboard), there's a wooden door.  Go through it into a vestibule and then through the next door and you're out on the deck.  It can sometimes be locked when underway, as it's very windy out there.  There are no chairs or places to sit; it's purely for the view. 

She used to have a nice deck aft, with loungers, but that was removed during her renovations a couple years ago.  I don't think there are any aft observation decks left on her. 

22 minutes ago, rdsqrl said:

Yes, it's all the way in the front of the ship.  At the very end of the passageway (both port and starboard), there's a wooden door.  Go through it into a vestibule and then through the next door and you're out on the deck.  It can sometimes be locked when underway, as it's very windy out there.  There are no chairs or places to sit; it's purely for the view. 

She used to have a nice deck aft, with loungers, but that was removed during her renovations a couple years ago.  I don't think there are any aft observation decks left on her. 

Thank you 🙂 

There is a small observation area aft on the Emerald deck.....walk down the hall, either port or starboard, and there will be a door with a large glass window leading out. Again, no chairs but a nice viewing area. We used it  Nov.2019 on the cruise through the Gatun locks

• Like 1

6 hours ago, J8T said:

There is a small observation area aft on the Emerald deck.....walk down the hall, either port or starboard, and there will be a door with a large glass window leading out. Again, no chairs but a nice viewing area. We used it  Nov.2019 on the cruise through the Gatun locks

Thank you! Trying to figure out the best room location...

22 hours ago, Thrak said:

The forward observation decks are on both Caribe and Baja decks. No furniture on either of them.

Thank you!  We're really looking forward to Island Princess... it will be our 7th Princess ship!

I had great back-to-back cruises to Alaska last summer on the Island. It's a great size ship. We had sailed on it before the refurb. I missed the Universe Lounge, but the added passenger load did not seem to matter much. I especially enjoyed the forward areas on the Baja and Caribe decks on our glacier viewing days.

14 hours ago, geoherb said:

I had great back-to-back cruises to Alaska last summer on the Island. It's a great size ship. We had sailed on it before the refurb. I missed the Universe Lounge, but the added passenger load did not seem to matter much. I especially enjoyed the forward areas on the Baja and Caribe decks on our glacier viewing days.

I'm hoping to be on the forward areas of Baja and Caribe decks for viewing the Northern Lights!

• Like 1

There's an observation deck on 2 decks forward.  I want to say in addition to Caribe you can also go out to a similar observation deck on Baja?  It's either the deck above or below.  Sailed on island back in December and based on intel from cruise cruitic I think I went out onto the Caribe one for sail-away from Ft Lauderdale and was surprised to see people immediately below me on an identical observation deck one deck down.  On our sailing neither observation deck was very well known...my wife and I were the only ones out there and on the deck below us another couple had that one to themselves.   Word will probably spread a little more with Northern Lights involved though LOL 

4 hours ago, cricketts said:

I'm hoping to be on the forward areas of Baja and Caribe decks for viewing the Northern Lights!

4 hours ago, cricketts said:

Just make sure the ship is northbound. Otherwise, try the aft.

We have a transatlantic next fall on the Island Princess, cabin E737 — last cabin in the starboard side, balcony has a little bend in it so you can see the aft wake as well as the starboard view. It’s right next to the door to the aft deck. Really looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums