Escape/(Not) Live/Solo

sid_9169

I did 2 solo runs on the Escape in 2018. I had the Encore cancelled this year from NYC.

Looking at 2022 runs from either Miami on the Breakaway or to Alasaka.

Normally, I go from nYC as it is closer but when I went from Miami I had a greater sense of being away.

• Like 1

Enjoyed this.  i'm booked on the TA April 2021, in a Studio.  Just my 2nd NCL (I did Star TA April 2018).

Had 3 cruises cancelled for this year.  Have 5 booked for 2021.  Well, I did have 5 booked but Carnival has cancelled our January cruise because a refurbished ship won't be finished.  So they cancelled us, are moving Breeze to Port Canaveral, and putting the people that were supposed to be on the refurbished ship onto OUR ship.  Swell, right?  At least I have lots of FCC/OBC to apply to the replacement sailings.

Guessing your Mardi Gras has been cancelled by now?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, NCTribeFan said:

Enjoyed this.  i'm booked on the TA April 2021, in a Studio.  Just my 2nd NCL (I did Star TA April 2018).

Had 3 cruises cancelled for this year.  Have 5 booked for 2021.  Well, I did have 5 booked but Carnival has cancelled our January cruise because a refurbished ship won't be finished.  So they cancelled us, are moving Breeze to Port Canaveral, and putting the people that were supposed to be on the refurbished ship onto OUR ship.  Swell, right?  At least I have lots of FCC/OBC to apply to the replacement sailings.

Guessing your Mardi Gras has been cancelled by now?

Yes, the Mardi Gras cruise for November 28 2020 bit the dust last week... I'm now booked for the same week next year... 503 days to go...

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Yes, the Mardi Gras cruise for November 28 2020 bit the dust last week... I'm now booked for the same week next year... 503 days to go...

Sid 9169, do you know if the Mardi Gras with have any solo (especially solo balcony) staterooms? From looking at Carnival, they don't seem to be very "solo friendly".

Thanks in advance.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, farmersfight said:

Sid 9169, do you know if the Mardi Gras with have any solo (especially solo balcony) staterooms? From looking at Carnival, they don't seem to be very "solo friendly".

Thanks in advance.

I don't believe any Carnival ship has exclusive "solo" accommodations... I just bite the bullet, and pay double occupancy, whether it be an inside or balcony...

4 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

I don't believe any Carnival ship has exclusive "solo" accommodations... I just bite the bullet, and pay double occupancy, whether it be an inside or balcony...

That's what I thought. I just can't stomach having to pay double occupancy. That's why I look at cruiseplum.com for solo discounts (no/reduced solo supplements) and other "hot or last minute deals" that apply to solos as well. Again, thanks for your reply.

• Like 1