Solstice cabin #1064

Love PalmTrees

Hi!

Just booked 2022 Solstice cruise cabin #1064 - Concierge.  (I know - a long wait. Sigh.)  But still very excited!!!!!   Any comments on this cabin/location/etc?  I saw that there are support braces from two decks above, but they don't appear to be too much of an obstruction.  In German there is an expression that the nicest joy is the joy of "looking forward".  I will certainly be testing that saying with a two year wait.  Any input would be so appreciated.  Thanks!!  😀

Just now, ECCruise said:

Check the sticky at the top of the Celebrity board, which is devoted to cabin information.  Lots of information there.

I was going to suggest just that to the OP, but I did the search before doing so, and it returned no info on 1064.   (Of course, all those concierge cabins along the straight part of the ship on Deck 10 between the two elevator banks are the same, the main difference being the location of the bed.)

OP: you're on a great deck, with cabins above and below.  Your cabin is not quite midway between the two elevator banks;  you'll have easy access to each.  The bed in your cabin will be near the balcony (not the bath).    Some folks (yours truly included) prefer that, as it gives a more open feeling to the cabin when you walk in not to have the bed almost right there.  Plus, imho, it's easier to get dressed when you have that open space by the closet, rather than having to walk around your bed. 

Enjoy!!!

There is a support beam that comes down on your balcony, either on the left or the right side, to support the pool deck above.  It certainly won't be an issue if you are standing at the rail looking either forward or aft.  The only issue you will have is if you are trying to open up the balcony dividers with the balcony next door.  The balcony on one side will open up where you can walk thru whereas the balcony on the other side will open up, but you have to step over the support beam.  🍷

Thanks for all the great info!!  I asked when I was booking and she indicated the bed is by the bath, which we prefer.  Although what I have read on the boards and your comments here indicate the opposite.  So confused.  It is not the end of the world, but would be nice if we have the choice.  

BTW...  Before I posted my question I tried searching the cabin number and surrounding numbers and unfortunately nothing came up.  

Cruise Critic is so awesome!  Thanks again.  😃

Edited by Love PalmTrees
Insert rows.

20 minutes ago, Love PalmTrees said:

Thanks for all the great info!!  I asked when I was booking and she indicated the bed is by the bath, which we prefer.  Although what I have read on the boards and your comments here indicate the opposite.  So confused.  It is not the end of the world, but would be nice if we have the choice.  

The balcony cabins you are looking at alternate, bed by bath, bed by balcony.  Also, when there's a convertible sofa bed -- the ones that open up -- those are placed next to the balcony for obvious reasons and so, in those cabins, the main bed is next to the bath.  On the deck plans, when you see the square icon in a cabin -- meaning "convertible sofa bed"  -- you know the main bed is next to the bath.  And since the cabins alternate, bed by bath, bed by balcony, if your cabin does not show the convertible sofa icon (and 1064 does not), just find the nearest one that does, and alternate till you get to your cabin.  In your case, it's easy, since the cabin next door, 1062, does have a convertible sofa and thus the bed near the bath.  That means in 1064, the bed is by the balcony.   (You can also alternate from 1074 and get the same result.)

I hope that's helpful.   If you feel that strongly about your preference, now you know how to check the deck plans.

In terms of preference, we've sailed in both --- it's not like the difference is huge.  

Enjoy!

38 minutes ago, Love PalmTrees said:

BTW...  Before I posted my question I tried searching the cabin number and surrounding numbers and unfortunately nothing came up.

Oddly, nothing came up for me as well for any of the surrounding cabin numbers using the search engine here on CC, which has always worked before for me for that sticky.  So I just tried searching the actual Google spreadsheet that is linked in the first post in the sticky, and while there's no entry for 1064, there are entries for 1062 (bed by bath, as I said above), 1066 (bed by bath), 1068 (bed by balcony), 1070 (bed by bath).   Those are all what I would have predicted from the deck plan and the method I discussed above. 

Wow!  Thank you so much.  I had read something similar here on Cruise Critic and it agrees with what you all are saying.  I will try and call Celebrity again and ask.  And... I will have my cabin change ready to give them as well.  You are all awesome!! 😁

We also prefer the bed by the bath. Then you can sit on the sofa and look out over the balcony. Makes the cabin seems larger to us. Trust the info above, not what a Celebrity rep says about bed location. 

23 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Some folks (yours truly included) prefer that, as it gives a more open feeling to the cabin when you walk in not to have the bed almost right there.  Plus, imho, it's easier to get dressed when you have that open space by the closet, rather than having to walk around your bed. 

DW and I agree. Both getting dressed for dinner is so much easier without the bed in the way!

After all that, turns out DH likes the bed by the balcony better.  LOL 😂  I disagree but advantages to both.  It is good to know how to figure it out.  At this point just being on a cruise with either configuration would be a dream come true.  Thanks again, everyone!!  😁😁😁

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Love PalmTrees said:

After all that, turns out DH likes the bed by the balcony better.  LOL 😂  I disagree but advantages to both.  It is good to know how to figure it out.  At this point just being on a cruise with either configuration would be a dream come true.  Thanks again, everyone!!  😁😁😁

Bed by the Bath, bed by the Balcony, either way, you'll get used to it, and it will be just fine.  Have a great cruise.  🍷