Australia & New Zealand Closed till 2021

pete_coach

Could only read the first couple of paragraphs- the rest required subscription. But good for them. They've gotten their COVID numbers well controlled, and don't need a 2nd wave brought in by tourists. I hope our country folloiws suit.

• Like 8

I think you may see this in multiple countries going forward.

I can't imagine any country allowing visitors from the US any time in the near future.  Not only is there a chance of importing COVID-19, there is a good chance of importing visitors who will refuse to obey the mandates (masks/social distancing/other requirements) that these countries have instituted.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

It will be some time before Australia opens borders to tourists, definitely not this year. The only exception will be a travel bubble with New Zealand and possibly the Pacific Islands 

At least French Polynesia has opened for visitors and cruises.   Hopefully they won’t start to exclude folks from the U.S.    Luckily many of the U.S. states have followed social distancing and wear masks in public.    In Maryland we are pleased with our COVID status but we need to start stopping travelers from the more infected areas down south.

• Like 1