Mariner? Your thoughts

Tntt

43 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Want to explain what you are meaning.

While most folks really enjoy pictures in posts, having to scroll through them again (when you quote the entire post) gets really old, especially on a phone, especially in post with lots of pictures. If want to emphasize a certain picture, edit the post with just that picture, not all 50 in the post, or don't quote at all, just make your remark.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

Thanks for the photos. I was on the Mariner in 2007 and so many things have changed. I remember the Atrium and the Ice Rink. Time to look for my photos and compare. Unfortunately I think they were not digital. 😊

On 6/28/2020 at 3:02 PM, Biker19 said:

While most folks really enjoy pictures in posts, having to scroll through them again (when you quote the entire post) gets really old, especially on a phone, especially in post with lots of pictures. If want to emphasize a certain picture, edit the post with just that picture, not all 50 in the post, or don't quote at all, just make your remark.

Sorry I upset you. Chill out!

Sailed on the Mariner on a 4-night cruise just after it was "amped" - just as a quick get-away. Did not enjoy it - at all! 

The ship was too small & crowded for my taste.  The cabins were worn and dated. The crowd was too young & rowdy and the crew didn't manage or handle things very well.  It was a booze cruise.  If you are young, looking to party, and not concerned about good food or level of customer service...you will probably have a great time.

Back in October 2018, I took my son on the Mariner for nights (his first cruise).  We really enjoyed it.   Every day was full for us and never felt crowded.  Each night we found ourselves enjoying a game or two in Playmakers and shared a quick pizza snack from Sorrento's before calling it a night.  As a bonus our sailing was over Halloween and they turned the ice rink into a small, but really amazing haunted maze.  

We found a great price for 4 night cruise in October 2021 and looking forward to being back on board.

We've been on Mariner twice (Jan 2020 and Aug 2019 for 6 night cruise that happened during Hurricane Dorian), Oasis once and Allure twice. 

We love all the ships, but have said that for a week cruise, we'd probably not want the Mariner. Don't get me wrong, we LOVE the Mariner (going on another 3 nighter in March), but there's an appeal to the extra stuff on Oasis class (neighborhoods, etc.). I like Solarium in Oasis class better (more views of the Ocean and a little larger). But for a short getaway, Mariner has plenty to do. Updates are beautiful too.

I've never felt the ocean on Oasis ships. This is a good thing to me, as the motion kind of freaks me out. On both of our Mariner cruises, I felt ocean only once on each trip. Coming back in to port following the hurricane (duh!!) and one bumpy night for a couple of hours in January. With that said, I'm still going on Mariner again in March. Yes, I felt the ocean more on Mariner than Oasis class, but not enough to scare me away.

Mariner is not a small ship - don't be afraid to book her!

Edited by Newbieflorida

Did Mariner twice last year. Was on it in 2006 before. Loved it. Playmaker's, the Pub, set up of the pool. I like that you can see the ocean from most locations. Wasn't fond of the Oasis for that reason. I didn't feel the waves, but it would take a lot form me. Also, it depends on time of year.

Edited by depplep

We had been on a couple of Royal cruises on the older ships and were not really impressed. In 2005 we were on the Mariner and my wife fell in love with the Royal Promenade.  We decided at that point we would work to become Diamond. We have since become Pinnacle and nothing compares to the Coastal Kitchen and Suite Lounge on Oasis class ships. But, we still book Mariner and hope to see Suite Lounge concierge Tao in the future!

Mainer is one of the Voyager Class ships and they are all nice. A lot of your experience will depend on the crew and staff. If Mariner's old staff returns you should have a good cruise,

On 6/27/2020 at 12:12 PM, twangster said:

[Photo intensive post, please don't quote photos in any response.]

r8puwLI.jpg

FyVWPPt.jpg

The amplification that Mariner received was nicely done and really did a great job to add features that the cruising public is looking for such as water slides. 

Mariner has a Studio B ice rink like Oasis class.  This is where they came from.  If you enjoy the ice shows don't miss it on Mariner.

K9SPEHu.jpg

yJB5DGf.jpg

lQ8hvG5.jpg

Areas like the Windjammer were modernized.

tbqvcSx.jpg

The solarium was refreshed and looks great.

3k6g7Hv.jpg

iLRXjUs.jpg

rbALDR3.jpg

a3DwJTY.jpg

The outside areas received a lot of attention during the amplification.

AwDCkgL.jpg

LlPTWlf.jpg

JnhpwaP.jpg

M9RvFhV.jpg

New features such as Skypad were added.

gJsVBPW.jpg

u5DoEq5.jpg

And of course water slides.

4fc7ivM.jpg

0vW8Pkk.jpg

Ud0K68u.jpg

rQG35gu.jpg

The main pool deck was refreshed as well.

nZ2mdiH.jpg

GF3R1vV.jpg

o5b1DOw.jpg

6CjvZ18.jpg

SAy3JcB.jpg

Boleros was refreshed and a Starbucks added if you are hooked on that sort of thing.

fwCJIeU.jpg

iFiVjsL.jpg

TrlXLPP.jpg

6DAQ4ke.jpg

Of course there is a Schooner Bar with windows to the outside unlike Oasis class.

kXYZsX3.jpg

The amplification brought new signature features like The Bamboo Room and Playmakers.

ivuHUrP.jpg

KpTYULu.jpg

iqpaznG.jpg

mg7YLSt.jpg

d4Nw4Pk.jpg

vDf4llD.jpg

The Pub in the Promenade was refreshed as well.

KMG0sp6.jpg

yffK8hw.jpg

Like others in this class, Freedom and Radiance classes the helipad is open to the public.

npUWaAU.jpg

Cak2DAB.jpg

She is by no stretch a small ship.  She remains larger than anything in Carnival's Whale Tail active fleet up to this point.  

n7EgqAr.jpg

HLgznsw.jpg

1w7seyC.jpg

There is a lot to love about Mariner and for me her large but not mega size makes her a perfect ship.  I could go on and on with photos but I've gone too far as it is.  

Simply put Mariner is an awesome ship that will provide a great cruise experience.  

Love the pictures...thank you!...we are sailing last day of November 2020....

Edited by 2flacruisers
I want to delete the comment