Cruise Startup Date

VLADIMIR 
He said Saturday. (Pause.) I think.
ESTRAGON 
You think.
VLADIMIR 
I must have made a note of it. (He fumbles in his pockets, bursting with miscellaneous rubbish.)
ESTRAGON 
(very insidious) But what Saturday? And is it Saturday? Is it not rather Sunday? (Pause.)Or Monday? (Pause.)Or Friday? 
VLADIMIR 
(looking wildly about him, as though the date was inscribed in the landscape) It's not possible!
ESTRAGON 
Or Thursday?

On 6/26/2020 at 8:24 PM, lovescats5 said:

Why is that wow.  Do you want to spend the next year paranoid about leaving your home or wondering who you are in contact with who might give you Covid 19. 

There is no need to be paranoid about leaving your home. Business can open slowly with protocols to keep everyone safe. In your first post you mentioned that some wear masks and some don't, even if they are traveling together. That's where the problem lies. There needs to be a standard the everyone wears a mask in public places. The State Governor needs to make it a requirement. I don't care about freedom rights. Your freedom rights are outside of any retail or restaurant establishment. I know you can't wear masks while eating and drinking but you will still need to maintain social distancing especially indoors.  The issue is that the owners of bars and restaurants aren't always limiting capacity which is also supposed to me mandated by the State officials. 

If eating and drinking in public is going to be an issue on land, you can bet it will be twice as bad on a cruise ship. Herd immunity hasn't been proven yet and we don't even know if someone who has already had the virus can't get it again. I wouldn't be rushing out to a covid party just so you can get it over with because we also don't know the long term damage it could bring. You may be thinking that you are getting back to life when in actuality you can be left with devastating damage to your lungs or heart.  

On 6/26/2020 at 9:48 PM, John&LaLa said:

I really wish people would quit posting links that require a subscription.

And yes, even when they are supposedly free

Agree.  Most annoying to start reading an article, and you get cut off half way through it.

I sure will write from the ship- how they handle the " new normal"! IMO you either get used to the new rules an accept them-  or you stay home- there is no in between.

I am quite sure it takes at least another year for them to get a vaccine or a propper treatment!

Online Check-  in completed- Boarding pass printed. The first reservations in the Speciality Restaurants done!

Time slot for check in appointed ( you can either choose a time or leave it to the cruise line to appoint a time for them) My train arrives at 3.45- so I opted for the 5 pm check in slot. Ship sails at 9.30 pm!

I usually love to met and mingle- and meet new people- but not this time- I am staying just by myself- suits perfect for a totaly relaxing time! Same for the dinning reservations I always asked for a table for one. As of yet I can still handle my own company quite well- so that is not a problem.

I am sure TUI cruises will test " the waters" so to speak, with those blue journeys  and see how it works. I am sure the other lines keep a close eye on those first voyages also.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1