TWO REFUNDS - BOTH MISSING $100 DEPOSTS

schildiams

1 hour ago, schildiams said:

Be sure to check your refund carefully. My two refunds that finally came through are both missing a refund for the $100 initial deposits.

My refund for the deposit was posted separately from the cruise refund. Perhaps it is still coming.

• Like 1

Mine, too.  I'll wait a couple of days to make sure it doesn't post, and then will call.  It was my initial deposit as well, made to a different CC than the one shown in my refund email, so it's possible it's in process.

My refund that hit my credit card account a week ago was also short by the $50 for my initial deposit.  Thanks to the above poster, I remember that I had put the deposit on a different credit card.  I don't yet see a credit on that account, nor was the information included in the email notifying me of the main credit.   Unfortunately, that card was compromised and has been replaced.   I wonder if a credit issued to the old account number will find its way to the new account.  

1 hour ago, Joanne G. said:

My refund that hit my credit card account a week ago was also short by the $50 for my initial deposit.  Thanks to the above poster, I remember that I had put the deposit on a different credit card.  I don't yet see a credit on that account, nor was the information included in the email notifying me of the main credit.   Unfortunately, that card was compromised and has been replaced.   I wonder if a credit issued to the old account number will find its way to the new account.  

It is my experience that credits sent to a card that has been replaced will work just fine. I can speak first hand about my Chase Visa and discover cards 

I had a refund posted about two weeks ago for a card that was reissued with a different number about a month earlier. 

2 hours ago, MechE31 said:

It is my experience that credits sent to a card that has been replaced will work just fine. I can speak first hand about my Chase Visa and discover cards 

I had a refund posted about two weeks ago for a card that was reissued with a different number about a month earlier. 

That's good to know.  Thank you.

On 7/3/2020 at 9:24 AM, schildiams said:

Be sure to check your refund carefully. My two refunds that finally came through are both missing a refund for the $100 initial deposits.

Yes, check carefully.  My cruise was paid for with funds from non-COVID related cancelled cruises, so lots of charges moved back and forth to get the final payment.  And they missed one payment.  They also shorted the DSC/insurance refund made by my travel companion.

While I know that some of the refunds might be a little more complex (mine is a perfect example), it seems as if the concept of making sure everything has been covered is kinda escaping some of the people processing the claims.  I spent many years reconciling accounts and the first/last thing I would do is make sure that the total amount paid matched the total amount refunded!