Is Anyone Else Having Trouble Getting Shareholders' OBC?

51 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

That's odd. it's usually very quick or not at all as it is lost. (My TA has told me they often lose the faxes.)

I wonder if they have moved workers from that department to refunds.

Well, they did get rid of 800+ Employees so they are no doubt short staffed in a total non value-add department.

I had previously emailed my information to the shareholder's email, but never heard anything.  So yesterday I emailed it to both the shareholder's email and the guest email.  Carnival responded the same day with the credit to my cruise.  It even shows up on my documents.

On 7/9/2020 at 6:32 AM, fyree39 said:

I don't own a fax machine or pay for a fax app.

For you and others in the same situation, you can use FaxZero.  Up to 3 pages + cover page, 5x times a day at no charge.  Just attach your documentation as a PDF or DOC(X) file and you're good to go.  I've used this service a bunch of times.

https://faxzero.com/

• Like 1

I called in because my faxes weren't going through.  We are scheduled to cruise 11/28/2020.  She told me to hold off until at least September because they wouldn't do anything with the request before that.  I've received my OBC sooner than 2 months out before...maybe something they've just implemented.  Not sure.  

5 hours ago, J&JW said:

I called in because my faxes weren't going through.  We are scheduled to cruise 11/28/2020.  She told me to hold off until at least September because they wouldn't do anything with the request before that.  I've received my OBC sooner than 2 months out before...maybe something they've just implemented.  Not sure.  

That's probably because it will be September before they know if that cruise will even happen.

Good evening....OP here...

I finally received confirmation of my shareholder's OBC yesterday...approximately 3.5 weeks after submitting my documents.  Even though Carnival's response was slow, they finally did get to my request.

I guess the moral of the story is that you just have to be patient in waiting for Carnival's response given the rocky times the cruise line is going through.

Garnett

In truth, Carnival needs to come up with a better method for submitting for shareholder OBC.  I recently submitted for mine for the first time at the beginning of the year and followed the official instructions which stated to mail or fax.  Not having a fax machine I mailed the documents.  Never heard a word nor received my credit after 2 months.  Finally found a post on here about email guest services, which I did, and received my credit a few days later, along with an email stating that email was not the proper way to submit those documents, and while they gave me the credit, it could not be guaranteed to be accepted in the future.

Yes, I realize email is not the most secure method, but a corporation as big as Carnival should be able to implement a submission process online that is both secure and efficient.