Is Anyone Else Having Trouble Getting Shareholders' OBC?

Hi, I emailed Carnival on 6/23 requesting shareholder's OBC for 3 cruises we having coming up in late 2020/early 2021, but have yet to hear back.  I followed up my original email with a second request on 7/1, but again, no response.

I'm using the shareholders@carnival.com email address that was supposedly shared by John Heald a couple of weeks ago, but to no avail.  Is anyone else having this issue, and if so, did you finally just fax the info in to Carnival?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Garnett

13 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

I sent mine to GuestAdmin @ carnival dot com without an issue.  I haven't tried the shareholders email.

Yeah, I copied that address on my emails too...just in case...and actually received the automated response from Guest Admin saying "Thank you for contacting Carnival Cruise Line yada yada yada, but still haven't received any further response.

I guess I'll just have to wait, but I have to say that it's never taken this long before...even when working with them in this pandemic.

Garnett

I’d hold off and wait. Ok I just saw it has been extended through July 2021 so that’s great news. 

Right now Carnival has bigger issues to deal with so shareholders credits may be taking longer to process. 

Edited by UpstateCruizer
  • Like 1

The Shareholder Benefits documents state that request should be made by fax or mail, not email.   I know many have claimed to have success using email, but I have seen recent reports here saying that email was not being accepted.   I'd try faxing the docs and see if you're more successful.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

The Shareholder Benefits documents state that request should be made by fax or mail, not email.   I know many have claimed to have success using email, but I have seen recent reports here saying that email was not being accepted.   I'd try faxing the docs and see if you're more successful.

I normally would agree with you...except a couple of weeks ago, John Heald publicly put out an email address for the shareholders to use...shareholders@carnival.com and that's the only reason I used it.

It's starting to look like I may need to default to the fax option.  Thanks for the input.

Garnett

• Like 1

I faxed mine request in about 3 weeks ago and did not receive a reply or my credit when I looked at my cruise summary. After a week, I did the email route so that was 2 weeks ago and besides the auto generated email not a peep. I don't cruise until the end of October so still plenty of time, and I doubt we will even sail, so just biding my time but will attempt to send in the shareholder OBC request again in September (third times is the charm right.)  

Like others most times it is posted within a day or two of Carnival receiving the request. Maybe they have the people who usually process shareholder credits processing refunds? On some threads, it seems that the time awaiting for refunds has been shorter. Or maybe they are just waiting to add the OBC when the get the go ahead that cruises will actually sail? Does not really matter if you receive OBC for a cancelled cruise.

11 minutes ago, johnboy036 said:

Maybe they have the people who usually process shareholder credits processing refunds? On some threads, it seems that the time awaiting for refunds has been shorter. Or maybe they are just waiting to add the OBC when the get the go ahead that cruises will actually sail? Does not really matter if you receive OBC for a cancelled cruise.

Good points.  Thanks!

Garnett

We emailed to the shareholders@carnival.com for 4 cruises and received the confirmation in days! I'm not nit picking, but in your submission you wrote shareholder's, which is grammatically correct----but the incorrect email! It must be without the apostrophe. However, if you check your cruise and go to "print documents" without printing them you'll see if you got the OBC! Good luck!

16 minutes ago, chocolate melting cake said:

We emailed to the shareholders@carnival.com for 4 cruises and received the confirmation in days! I'm not nit picking, but in your submission you wrote shareholder's, which is grammatically correct----but the incorrect email! It must be without the apostrophe. However, if you check your cruise and go to "print documents" without printing them you'll see if you got the OBC! Good luck!

Thanks for the tip, but I didn't use the apostrophe, so I'm ASSUMING I got the email address right.  Relative to the "Print Documents" suggestion, I checked and the credits are not there, unfortunately.

I'll give it a few more days, then I'll try something else.

Thanks to everyone for the advice.

Garnett

37 minutes ago, Lottacruises said:

I would think they are prioritizing these requests in relation to the odds of sailing.

Could be, but some of the cruises I requested OBC for aren't until next year...specifically, the cruises I requested OBC for are in October 2020, February 2021, March 2021, and May 2021.

Garnett

2 hours ago, N7786W Flyer said:

Could be, but some of the cruises I requested OBC for aren't until next year...specifically, the cruises I requested OBC for are in October 2020, February 2021, March 2021, and May 2021.

Garnett

It could be the Feb, March and May sailings are too far out to grant the credit.  The intention is that you own the shares when sailing, not that you buy shares, put in a bunch of OBC requests, get the OBC credit then dump the stock.

Just to clarify, if my husband and I own 200 shares jointly and we have two separate rooms, we can both get the OBC, right?  The reason we have two rooms is because we have young kids and each have a child booked in a room with us.   

1 minute ago, Eli_6 said:

Just to clarify, if my husband and I own 200 shares jointly and we have two separate rooms, we can both get the OBC, right?  The reason we have two rooms is because we have young kids and each have a child booked in a room with us.   

Well shoot, that's a great question.    I have no experience doing this, but looking forward to hear what others say

25 minutes ago, K&RCurt said:

It could be the Feb, March and May sailings are too far out to grant the credit.  The intention is that you own the shares when sailing, not that you buy shares, put in a bunch of OBC requests, get the OBC credit then dump the stock.

That's a good point...at least for the cruises scheduled for next year, but, I would HOPE that Carnival would at least reply and tell me that's the case.  Still doesn't explain the October one, unless they think it's going to be cancelled (as I do).

Garnett

I mailed my request on June 10 and got confirmation of my OBC by email last week, and I confirmed it does appear on my printed documents. This is for a November 30 departure date.

Edited by strickerj

1 hour ago, Eli_6 said:

I believe the answer is yes, and I'm not even sure you would need to own jointly more than 100 shares. (Though I would not send the request in at the same time.)

5 hours ago, johnboy036 said:

Just an update on my shareholder OBC. I received an email today for my OBC for my upcoming October cruise (have to stay positive). It took 22 days so just be patient. 

Great!  Thanks for the update.  Most appreciated.

Garnett

7 hours ago, johnboy036 said:

Just an update on my shareholder OBC. I received an email today for my OBC for my upcoming October cruise (have to stay positive). It took 22 days so just be patient. 

That's odd. it's usually very quick or not at all as it is lost. (My TA has told me they often lose the faxes.)

I wonder if they have moved workers from that department to refunds.