The Bistro- Off topic and fun posts!

Host Dan

I have a sunset today rather than a sunrise.  It's from my 2019 Prinsendam Grand South America cruise and on January 4 the sun went down while we were still in Fort Lauderdale waiting to sail,

dusk0104.jpg

Roy

• Like 5

We haven't had snow in my area for almost 2 years, and did not get any yesterday although it came fairly close to us.  I don't have any travel sunrises for January 7 but found this from 2 years ago today.

IMG_0102.JPG.ac9397e0c4816f45fd87ba01fc0

I noted then that I had cleared off as much snow from my car as I could stand without taking a warmup break inside.

Roy

• Like 4

5 hours ago, rafinmd said:

We haven't had snow in my area for almost 2 years, and did not get any yesterday although it came fairly close to us.  I don't have any travel sunrises for January 7 but found this from 2 years ago today.

IMG_0102.JPG.ac9397e0c4816f45fd87ba01fc0

I noted then that I had cleared off as much snow from my car as I could stand without taking a warmup break inside.

Roy

We can lend you a bunch today if you want - probably already 8" so far where I live in Maine.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Large and small.

Keith

IMG_4490.thumb.jpeg.6ae9e947c1b24b73f6beee884a6c119b.jpeg

Back in 2011 I combined 2 of my favorite ships.  I sailed Blount's Grand Mariner from New York into Montreal and a couple days later boarded Symphony back to New York.  The ships did not exactly meet in Montreal but the Aida Ship in the photo is about the size of the Symphony:

ushuge.jpg

Roy

• Like 4

Today's sunrise is another from my 2018 Crystal World Cruise.  On January 9 Crystal Serenity visited Cartagena Colombia.  We were not yet in port but I think the line is the painter for a group of life rafts.

dawn0109.jpg

Roy

• Like 5

The following is not meant to be, nor imply, a comparison of any sort:

Just back from 16 nights on the brand-spanking-new Regent Seven Seas Grandeur, MIA-LA via the Canal(duh).  We had a fabulous time.  As the cliche goes: "gotta go home to rest up." 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, happy cruising said:

Kenz, when you went through the canal was there a delay with ships lining up to go through  ? There have been reports that the traffic backs up and takes longer than usual to get through the 3 sets of locks. Thanks.

No delay at all.  It's my land lubber understanding that cruise ships pay a premium for a fairly specific slot, while cargo ships are more flexible(those Ralph Lauren knock-off polos can wait a few days.)  We've been thru three times before, overall transit time was per the usual.  Our canal guide (not that great, BTW) said the cargo pre-entry wait time was up to six days.  But I wouldn't rely on that.  

Any way, we had smooth sailing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/6/2024 at 10:35 PM, Keith1010 said:

I wonder if the clock was "high" or on "fire" or just.......  🤣

Keith

P1100396.thumb.jpeg.448c7a362b2e9881d8299b5564898fca.jpeg

could be both…..or it’s just the  Gastown Steam Clock , Vancouver, B.C.   LOL! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1