Does anyone know what happened to the Princess Cruises website?

CMorgan

I'm going on my first cruise this March on the Sea Princess and I was hoping to book some shore excursions through their website. But this week their website seems to down. Does anyone know whats happening?

I have been trying to get on the website for the past two days - I can't. It is driving me crazy. I have a great broadband connection and have never had problems before. I need to get a few more excursions booked and unfortunately can't access the website. Any help?:confused:

From my own personal observation (one time), it also seems like shore excursions are "not available" until you've made final payments.

We've booked a couple of shore excursions on our May Island Princess cruise and final payment isn't due until week after next. It's hit or miss whether they're availabe, same with the spa appointments.

If you have auto-update turned on for windows your security settings may have been changed without knowing it. As the cruise personalizer is an https sight as opposed to the normal http type sight your computer may be who is locking you out. Go to your internt security settings and reset them to default or lower them and see if you can get in.

From my own personal observation (one time), it also seems like shore excursions are "not available" until you've made final payments.

Ours were available long before final payment. I think this all depends on where you are going and what ship you are sailing on. Sometimes ours are available early, other times really late. Another hit and miss on the Princess website.

Believe it or not, we've got shore excursions available for September.

If you are having problems with Internet Explorer, it's a good idea to clear your cookies every once in a while. Go to Tools --> Internet Options --> General and push the "Delete Cookies" button under Temporary Internet Files (it's in the middle of the little drop-down menu). It's also a good idea to have all temporary files deleted when you end your browser session. Otherwise, you end up with thousands of little gifs, avatars, and all kinds of junk.

I've been able to book excursions for our cruise in May/June, but a lot of the links are bad. Like, you click on the "reserve" button for one excursion, but it pulls up the description (and pricing) for a different excursion. In fact, one of the excursion descriptions was for dog sledding--and this was for a port in Hawaii. Pretty sure there's no dog sledding there! So, be careful when booking excursions to see that the one you're booking is the right one.

Ah, thanks A1Mema. I should have included that in my post.

When I get home, I'll look up how to do it on Firefox in case you need to know that. I believe the options are slightly different than on Internet Explorer.

sayhello

We haven't made our final payment yet (due next month), but have been able to pre-reserve shore excursions for a couple of weeks now. I received an e-mail when that feature was available to me.

We couldn't access our shore excursions even after receiving an email saying we could now do so. Called the 800 number and the rep said just try weekly. A short time later, someone on our roll call who had the same problem, finally got on. One hand doesn't know what the other is doing on Princess, unfortunately. But I haven't had a trouble getting on the website this week.

Well, for Firefox, you clear your cache by choosing Tools > Options > then the cache tab. Hit the button marked "Clear Cache Now".

I haven't made final payment on my cruise yet, and the excursions have been available for reserving for almost three weeks now.

sayhello

Archived