NCL fleet roster 2021

sammysetra

By my reckoning the Star, Dawn, Jade, Getaway, Breakaway, Bliss and Encore are all spending their summer 2020 tied up here in Europe.

I have a reservation on a TA from SJU to BCN on the Epic in April 2021. With a large percentage of the fleet on this side of the Atlantic I’m thinking that it’s unlikely that it will go ahead.

The Breakaway is planned to operate Caribbean cruises next year from MIA so I’m thinking the Epic will take up that roster and the Breakaway will operate her schedule from BCN. 

Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What's the point in "guessing"????     It's ALL speculation-   and you'll get some people,  who'll hang on to some random shred-  and  move it to claims of fact.   

Wait for an official notification.   

• Like 1

What's the point in "guessing"????     It's ALL speculation-   and you'll get some people,  who'll hang on to some random shred-  and  move it to claims of fact.   

Wait for an official notification.   

I’d like to think I’m actually looking at the balance of probability based on 35 years in the travel industry where, amongst other tasks, I was responsible for crew and asset scheduling.

@sammysetra

Have you included in your "balance of probability" thoughts all possibilities of what is going to happen to the Coronavirus?  What each country is going to do about accepting cruise liners?   What about getting crew on airliners and having them accepted at their embarkation port?   Are Americans going to continue being persona non gratia for travel to many countries?

I agree with @Budget Queen in her comment above.

• Like 1

@sammysetra

Have you included in your "balance of probability" thoughts all possibilities of what is going to happen to the Coronavirus?  What each country is going to do about accepting cruise liners?   What about getting crew on airliners and having them accepted at their embarkation port?   Are Americans going to continue being persona non gratia for travel to many countries?

I agree with @Budget Queen in her comment above.

Nobody knows what is going to happen with Coronavirus.

The points you have raised make me think that I am correct in my view that a TA calling in Portugal (Azores and Madeira) and Spain (Canaries) is unlikely when these destinations have had relatively few Covid cases. Why would NCL operate two TA’s to move ships around when they can just keep the Epic in the Caribbean and the Breakaway in the Mediterranean?

26 minutes ago, sammysetra said:

Nobody knows what is going to happen with Coronavirus.

The points you have raised make me think that I am correct in my view that a TA calling in Portugal (Azores and Madeira) and Spain (Canaries) is unlikely when these destinations have had relatively few Covid cases. Why would NCL operate two TA’s to move ships around when they can just keep the Epic in the Caribbean and the Breakaway in the Mediterranean?

Exactly,   and your "experience"  isn't unique.   There are MANY seasoned long time travelers.    And NO ONE,  has a crystal ball.      

Why waste your time,   guessing?    (don't want an answer from you)   

• Like 2

Exactly,   and your "experience"  isn't unique.   There are MANY seasoned long time travelers.    And NO ONE,  has a crystal ball.      

Why waste your time,   guessing?    (don't want an answer from you)   

I appreciate you taking the time to share your opinion.

14 hours ago, sammysetra said:

By my reckoning the Star, Dawn, Jade, Getaway, Breakaway, Bliss and Encore are all spending their summer 2020 tied up here in Europe.

I have a reservation on a TA from SJU to BCN on the Epic in April 2021. With a large percentage of the fleet on this side of the Atlantic I’m thinking that it’s unlikely that it will go ahead.

The Breakaway is planned to operate Caribbean cruises next year from MIA so I’m thinking the Epic will take up that roster and the Breakaway will operate her schedule from BCN. 

Any thoughts?

Except that the Epic is over in Europe now too so anything is possible

NCL is posting proposed cruises for show mostly, just to keep some cruise purchase money flowing in.  They don't, and can't have a clue what they will be doing into any of the future.  The virus thing changs every week.  Nothing is more than wishful thinking at this time.  Wish that wasn't so.  

• Like 2

I was thinking about this too: if Europe allows ships to sail but passengers can't get there the passengers can either cancel and get an FCC or claim on their holiday insurance but NCL wouldn't be obliged to offer a refund, it would save them a fortune in theory. 

• Like 1

On 8/13/2020 at 7:51 AM, roger001 said:

NCL is posting proposed cruises for show mostly, just to keep some cruise purchase money flowing in.  They don't, and can't have a clue what they will be doing into any of the future.  The virus thing changs every week.  Nothing is more than wishful thinking at this time.  Wish that wasn't so.  

Can you imagine if somewhere down the line they actually came up with proof that they were booking cruises with no intention of them actually sailing?  I'm not saying there is, just that it could get very interesting.  Not in a good way for NCL.

I'm on this cruise too and have started wondering whether it will happen as the Epic is now in Europe.  I would be happy if you scenario was plan b but only time will tell.  Thanks for sharing your thoughts as it does give me some hope that this TA will go ahead even if it is just speculation 

We were booked on the Epic for the TA from Barcelona to San Juan in November and cancelled before final payment as we really didn't see the ship crossing the Atlantic just to sail back to the Caribbean, but obviously we were wrong as she has just done that. 

Will be interested to see if the cruise actually goes ahead though.  I think cancelling was the right thing for us as we were also planning on a few days in Barcelona before boarding and that in itself looks like a non starter.