Where was I?

30 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Most of the west and all of the south of the ACT is the Namadgi National Park. Yankee Hat is about 30 km south west of Tharwa very south of Canberra.

https://www.thewalkact.com/yankee-hat

Thanks.  I have only visited Canberra, not the whole of ACT.   Reminds you Canberra is really in the bush.  I used to love the wildlife right in Canberra. 

Edited by MMDown Under

8 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Thanks.  I have only visited Canberra, not the whole of ACT.   Reminds you Canberra is really in the bush.  I used to love the wildlife right in Canberra. 

Canberra suburbs have taken up a lot of the ACT bush area.    People working in Canberra commute from towns like Yass, Bungendore and Braidwood these days.  I even know of a couple of people who drive 4 hrs each day, commuting from Batemans Bay to Canberra.  Many in Sydney do that amount of driving, I know, Wollongong - Sydney, Central Coast - Sydney.

Edited by NSWP

14 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Canberra suburbs have taken up a lot of the ACT bush area.    People working in Canberra commute from towns like Yass, Bungendore and Braidwood these days.  I even know of a couple of people who drive 4 hrs each day, commuting from Batemans Bay to Canberra.  Many in Sydney do that amount of driving, I know, Wollongong - Sydney, Central Coast - Sydney.

Some of my favourite timber souvenirs have come from Bungendore.  We have driven to Bateman's Bay from Canberra.  I wouldn't want to commute to work daily on that road.