Where was I?

5 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Hilton Hawaiian Village.  Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii  ??

They look amazing

They are larger than life sized and part of the sign at the front of the Hotel which includes a nice water feature with flowers. We didn't stay there, we were at the Ilikai next door as seen in the opening credits of the original Hawaii 5-oh

Your turn, enjoy the rest of your day, I'm off to bed.

Edited by Blackduck59

You are correct. The picture shows a recreation of Diagon Alley in the Warner Brothers studios, Watford, London. The Diagon Alley in the film was actually was actually shot in Leadenhall Market, City of London.

Myself and my wife have visited the studios twice when in London. Highly recommended.

Your turn Ilikeanswers.

32 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Sefa-utaki, Okinawa

Correct though the website you copied from could do with bigger text😂. It is the holiest of holy sites in Ryukyuan Shinto. And also perhaps the most popular tourist site. This place was crowded😳. To be honest Shinto is probably not the right word as the religion is really different to the mainland after being conquered that is probably what the Japanese called it. They don't build Shrines they utilise natural formations they believe have special energy or a doorway to the gods and the whole religion is run by women. In the Ryukyuan Islands you come across people praying at ruins all the time so it is still an active religion. In this place the Kings of the Ryukyuan Empire would pilgrim every year and have to climb a stone staircase (there was a group of men in business suits climbing the stairs and it was funny seeing them take their jackets off on the climb 🤣) to this platform to perform a ritual to find what the next year held. Perhaps someone should have done it last year so we could have prepared for the pandemic😜

Edited by ilikeanswers