Internet "Perk" Question

DisneyTech

Hi Everyone,

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find the answer anywhere.

Does anyone know what speed of internet package is included when you book it as a perk? 

Also, I know that the perk comes with one device per person. Does anyone know if you can logout on one device and login on another?

Long story short, we are wondering if we can jump on a laptop for a few hours one day without having to lock in the laptop as the only device for that person for the whole week.

Thanks for sharing all of your knowledge!

You can login on as many devices as you want, but just one at a time. So login on your laptop, logout when you are finished your session, then you or a companion can login on their tablet or cell phone. Just keep logging out and logging in.

You don’t have to logout when switching devices. When you log in on your other device you will be automatically logged off the previous device. It is all easy peasy to switch. For the perk they give you the highest speed available. The stream option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

16 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

You can login on as many devices as you want, but just one at a time. So login on your laptop, logout when you are finished your session, then you or a companion can login on their tablet or cell phone. Just keep logging out and logging in.

With the internet perk under dual occupancy, don’t each of you get your own login? Seems to me both my DW and I stayed logged in the whole cruise using separate logins. 

1 minute ago, Ken the cruiser said:

With the internet perk under dual occupancy, don’t each of you get your own login? Seems to me both my DW and I stayed logged in the whole cruise using separate logins. 

Ah, good point. We haven't chosen the perk version, so I wasn't sure about a second account.

Nevertheless, the principal is the same for each account. I use my MacBook in the cabin, but I log out so that I can use my iPad when out on the balcony or in the Solarium.

• Like 1

Ah, good point. We haven't chosen the perk version, so I wasn't sure about a second account.

Nevertheless, the principal is the same for each account. I use my MacBook in the cabin, but I log out so that I can use my iPad when out on the balcony or in the Solarium.

You don’t have to log out anymore. When you login the second device the previous device will be logged off.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

You don’t have to logout when switching devices. When you log in on your other device you will be automatically logged off the previous device. It is all easy peasy to switch. For the perk they give you the highest speed available. The stream option.

Well, that's good to know. When I started using the onboard internet, you had to logout before logging into the next device. I wasn't aware of the change and have just continued doing so. Score another lesson learned on CC!

• Like 1

Just now, Fouremco said:

Well, that's good to know. When I started using the onboard internet, you had to logout before logging into the next device. I wasn't aware of the change and have just continued doing so. Score another lesson learned on CC!

I found that it wasn't 100% automatic in that it did it on its own. But it did say "You are logged into another device. Do you want to log out of that one and into this one?" or something similar. I had to actively choose when signing into my computer if I hadn't signed out of my phone or the other way around.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

We learned the hard way on Oceania there is only one log-in per stateroom.  If each person logs in using their own device the second one gets charged for real.  We weren't the only ones with the issue. O's IT desk on board took care of it quickly.

We learned the hard way on Oceania there is only one log-in per stateroom.  If each person logs in using their own device the second one gets charged for real.  We weren't the only ones with the issue. O's IT desk on board took care of it quickly.

That is not the case on Celebrity. I was on both Celebrity and Oceania lsummer of 2019 so I am recently familiar with the internet on both of those cruise lines.

3 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

That does not apply to Celebrity. I was on both Celebrity and Oceania last summer so I am familiar with the internet on both of those cruise lines.

So how was O’s Internet service? We were on the Riviera in late 2018 and we kept getting knocked off the router due to capacity issues when we were in our veranda cabin. However, we have nothing but high praise for X’s internet service on their S class ships, and hoping it will be just as good when we sail on the Millie in April. 

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

So how was O’s Internet service? We were on the Riviera in late 2018 and we kept getting knocked off the router due to capacity issues when we were in our veranda cabin. However, we have nothing but high praise for X’s internet service on their S class ships, and hoping it will be just as good when we sail on the Millie in April. 

We were on Oceania Insignia back in November/December. Internet was mostly OK, but at busy times, which seemed mostly like the middle of the day or early evening, we could have trouble. It generally only lasted for an hour at most.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I found it adequate.  My earlier post was only intended to relate my O experience, not meaning to suggest X had the same policy.

• Thanks 1

I only have one experience on Oceania. On Insignia after they refreshed the ship in August 2019. They had I believe upgraded their internet fleet wide in early 2019. I had no issues with the service on Insignia. I was using the included comp. service which is one log in per cabin but I could switch between my iPad and iPhone. In 2019 in addition to Insignia I did Celebrity two times, Summit in the summer and Reflection in December 2019 and X’s internet worked well. X and Royal Caribbean have their service working well in recent years but that was not always the case. Both Celebrity and Royal now have apps which need good internet as they are used for a lot onboard and a paid internet plan is not required to use the app. Oceania did not have an app.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, marieps said:

I found it adequate.  My earlier post was only intended to relate my O experience, not meaning to suggest X had the same policy.

28 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I only have one experience on Oceania. On Insignia after they refreshed the ship in August 2019. They had I believe upgraded their internet fleet wide in early 2019. I had no issues with the service on Insignia. I was using the included comp. service which is one log in per cabin but I could switch between my iPad and iPhone. In 2019 in addition to Insignia I did Celebrity two times, Summit in the summer and Reflection in December 2019 and X’s internet worked well. X and Royal Caribbean have their service working well in recent years but that was not always the case. Both Celebrity and Royal now have apps which need good internet as they are used for a lot onboard and a paid internet plan is not required to use the app. Oceania did not have an app.

Thanks. I was just curious.