Club Class Royal Princess

hunt182644

Where is the dining area for Club Class on the Royal? First time having Club Class is this good for breakfast and lunch also? Now after having two cruises and a two week fly in fishing trip in Canada cancelled due to virus, hope cruise at the end of Jan. is a go.

Concerto DR, deck 6 mid ship. Yes, good for all meals, breakfast, lunch on sea days and boarding day, and dinner. If you are in a full suite you can get the mimosa breakfast each morning. Believe on the Royal it is in Sabatini's. The mimosa breakfast is not available to those in club class mini suites.

I'll add that the arrival experience into Concerto was amongst the worst CC experiences we've ever had.

Why?  Other parts of Concerto are used, on some sailings for fixed seating dining and for anytime guests who request a specific time in advance.  This creates confusion as the MDR guests mix into the line waiting for the CC host creating substantial delays.

We learned after two or three nights to enter via the (closed) exit door to the left.  The CC host would immediately recognize us and usher us through the line.  We got stink eye from the guests in the queue every single night, fortunately, I have a thick hide.  Princess could solve the problem easily by simply having both doors open and directing MDR guests to the left, and CC guests to the right.

More positively, the CC space on Royal is much better configured than on Grand class ships.  Lots of intimate spaces and nice views.  Staff and service on Royal were our best CC experience - after we managed to actually get into the dining room.

34 minutes ago, jondfk said:

I'll add that the arrival experience into Concerto was amongst the worst CC experiences we've ever had.

Why?  Other parts of Concerto are used, on some sailings for fixed seating dining and for anytime guests who request a specific time in advance.  This creates confusion as the MDR guests mix into the line waiting for the CC host creating substantial delays.

We learned after two or three nights to enter via the (closed) exit door to the left.  The CC host would immediately recognize us and usher us through the line.  We got stink eye from the guests in the queue every single night, fortunately, I have a thick hide.  Princess could solve the problem easily by simply having both doors open and directing MDR guests to the left, and CC guests to the right.

More positively, the CC space on Royal is much better configured than on Grand class ships.  Lots of intimate spaces and nice views.  Staff and service on Royal were our best CC experience - after we managed to actually get into the dining room.

Club Class has a separate entrance from the normal dining room.

We never had a problem on the Regal. At the entrance of the MDR there were two separate lines. CC entered on the right. There was a separate CC host and a sign and the two lines were separated with a velvet rope. As soon as the Host saw us approach we were addressed by name and ushered inside and to our table. The suite breakfast in Sabatini's was always wonderful but you could also breakfast in the CC section of the main dining room. Excellent service, tables spaced out and an extra choice at all meals.

50 minutes ago, Kamloops50 said:

On Royal class the CC and ATD lines split the double doors port side, with the noted rope being mainly useless during crowded times.  CC diners have to pretty much elbow their way in if the queue is crowded.

1 hour ago, Kamloops50 said:

Not on Royal.  Trust me, and be prepared to elbow your way in, in the nicest possible way of course.

• Thanks 1

On 8/29/2020 at 9:05 PM, Ferd Berfle said:

So you would go in the starboard entrance to Concerto?

I believe it was port side (right hand, looking aft, yup, that's port haha).

My previous comment remain.  This interest was signed for Club Class but was in fact mixed.  Club Class & ATD with a reservation.  

This was my actual experience on Royal on B2B cruises from Los Angeles on the last cruise of September and first cruise of October 2019.  Others may have experienced something different on other sailings, but MY experience was exactly as described.  

I'll reiterate for a 3rd time, if you find a long line to enter Club Class, you can be reasonably certain, it is NOT the actual Club Class line.  Rather it is those waiting for a reserved table in the non-club class section.  Just bypass this and approach the CC host station which is ~ 10 feet beyond the doorway.  I don't know why Royal was doing things this way rest assured however that this represents not my opinion, but my actual experience.

Another thing comes to mind, occasionally Royal used a section of the deck 6 AFT dining room for Club Class breakfast and lunch.  Our embarkation lunch was in this dining room (both sailings).  Our debarkation breakfast was in this dining room (both sailings).  On our first cruise ALL of the sea day lunches were also in this room.  This caused some folks confusion although it was all clearly laid out in the patter.  Pay careful attention so as to not happen onto a closed door at Concerto.

• Thanks 1