Voyagers 5% + 5% applied? How do you know?

mamaneedsavacay

I booked during the fourth of July sale, and it never showed a Voyagers discount, even though I applied my Voyager's club number to the booking. Is it shown itemized anywhere? Should I trust that it was included in the price since I was logged into my voyager's account when I searched and booked?

I made this booking myself online (USA) but my TA is about to take it over in order to get my FCC applied. (Hopefully!) I want to make sure that we are getting everything we're supposed to. In this case, another 5+5 % off would mean that I don't owe anything above my FCC versus having to give MSC more money this month to PIF and keep my December booking.

In my online account/cruise details it just shows total cost and balance due, no breakdown. 

On the booking confirmation, usually page three, there should be a field labeled "Pax Type" where it should state "Voyage Selection 5+5".  Also depending on your Voyager Club level and which version of the promotion you booked under there could be OBC on a line under each guest, such as "SB050GVS−Shipboard credit 50 Eur/Usd" with "0.00" for the amount.

ETA: The booking confirmation should be emailed to you when you make the booking and whenever you make any change to the booking.  After that you can no longer request it online and now have to call and ask for it to be sent.

Edited by Até
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Até said:

On the booking confirmation, usually page three, there should be a field labeled "Pax Type" where it should state "Voyage Selection 5+5".  Also depending on your Voyager Club level and which version of the promotion you booked under there could be OBC on a line under each guest, such as "SB050GVS−Shipboard credit 50 Eur/Usd" with "0.00" for the amount.

Thank you, Até, I was able to locate the field and it was applied. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

To figure out if you received 5 + 5 = 10% discount from MSC, just see the basic Cruise fare (excluding port fees and taxes) and see if your fare is 90% of that.

If it is over 90% of the basic Cruise fare, then contact your travel agent or MSC directly.

I've had issues with the 5+5 OBC not appearing. Labor Day Sale has always applied automatically but the 5+5 hasn't, even though it shows on the confirmation under Pax Type?

my travel agent got my 5+5% discount and $50 + $50 OBC for me 

He also gave me OBC as a gift from his company

On 9/20/2020 at 1:36 PM, tntornadox said:

I've had issues with the 5+5 OBC not appearing. Labor Day Sale has always applied automatically but the 5+5 hasn't, even though it shows on the confirmation under Pax Type?

I called MSC tonight, because it said 5% voyager club, not 5+5%, and I realized that there should have also been OBC for that promo and there wasn't. The agent was easily able to switch the discount code from "Voyager's Club 5%" to "REPROCOVIDVS5+5". Unfortunately, my total cost went UP because they charged $48 more per person (5 of us) for gov't taxes and fees than on the original booking. I assume because we changed ports. The only reasons I'm not upset are that I am getting more OBC than I was before, and I have bigger things to worry about- namely getting the FCC applied that is supposed to pay for this cruise. 

There is nowhere that I can find a "base fare" to do the math and see if the right discount has been applied. It only shows fare per adult and taxes per person. If the cabin was still available on the same promo, then I could reverse engineer it, but it's long sold out. 

There is nowhere that I can find a "base fare" to do the math and see if the right discount has been applied. It only shows fare per adult and taxes per person. If the cabin was still available on the same promo, then I could reverse engineer it, but it's long sold out. 
It is 5% discount applied twice or
95% of 95% of the basic Cruise fare (90.25% of the basic Cruise fare).
So the 5+5% discount works out to 9.75% discount on basic Cruise fare (excluding port fees and taxes)

11 minutes ago, drsel said:

So the 5+5% discount works out to 9.75% discount on basic Cruise fare (excluding port fees and taxes)

I get what you are saying, but I had no way of knowing what the basic cruise fare was to begin with. The agent said that since I was logged in when I booked, it automatically showed me 95% fares. But I can see that the fare went down when she changed me from 5% to 5%+5% so I'm trusting the code on my paperwork. 

23 hours ago, drsel said:

It's simply 5% first applied to the total,  then subtracted,   then 5% applied to the NEW total,  and then subtracted.    It is NOT 10% taken off at once.    

$1 x .05=  .05        .95x  .05=   .0475      new total=    .9025      not-  .90