Where in the world is HAL?

bennybear

1 hour ago, bluesea777 said:

Wrong bridge and country, but correct year! Look hard at the picture ... 😉☺️😁

P.S. Lion's Gate opened in 1938, not 1937.

That’s why I said built😄

Construction began on March 31, 1937 by clearing ten acres of Stanley Park to create the right-of-way. Upon completion in November 1938, the Lions Gate Bridge was recognized as the longest suspension bridge in the British Empire and one of the biggest construction projects undertaken in Canada during the 1930s.

Golden gate 

Edited by bennybear

1 hour ago, bennybear said:

That’s why I said built😄

Construction began on March 31, 1937 by clearing ten acres of Stanley Park to create the right-of-way. Upon completion in November 1938, the Lions Gate Bridge was recognized as the longest suspension bridge in the British Empire and one of the biggest construction projects undertaken in Canada during the 1930s.

Golden gate 

Winner! San Francisco!

Different time, daytime:

IMG_1970.jpg

IMG_1972.jpg

We visited Buena Vista pub for breakfast ... it's where the Irish Coffee originated ...

Edited by bluesea777
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bluesea777 said:

Okay ... Yokohama, Japan!

Winner!  It has one of the largest chinatowns outside China.   We were also fortunate to stay at the Grand, if you can afford the suite it still supposedly has MacArthur’s desk. 

11 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

We visited Buena Vista pub for breakfast ... it's where the Irish Coffee originated ...

No, No, No, No (did I say No?)

Irish Coffee originated in, surprise, surprise, Ireland☘️.  Created in 1943 by Joe Sheridan who was chef at Foynes port, which is where the Flying Boats departed to America.

https://weaverscoffee.com/blogs/blog/the-original-irish-coffee-recipe-and-its-history#:~:text=The Irish Coffee was created,Foynes Port near Limerick%2C Ireland.&text=The Irish Coffee became a,by travel writer%2C Stanton Delaplane.

And, true Irish Coffee should have 'pouring' cream on top, not cream that has been whipped so much that it has peaks!

Buena Vista would have been the first American purveyor of Irish Coffee.

Edited by VMax1700
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

No, No, No, No (did I say No?)

Irish Coffee originated in, surprise, surprise, Ireland☘️.  Created in 1943 by Joe Sheridan who was chef at Foynes port, which is where the Flying Boats departed to America.

https://weaverscoffee.com/blogs/blog/the-original-irish-coffee-recipe-and-its-history#:~:text=The Irish Coffee was created,Foynes Port near Limerick%2C Ireland.&text=The Irish Coffee became a,by travel writer%2C Stanton Delaplane.

And, true Irish Coffee should have 'pouring' cream on top, not cream that has been whipped so much that it has peaks!

Buena Vista would have been the first American purveyor of Irish Coffee.

Reminds me of the Bueno Vista Social Club! Great music from Cuba!