Australia Sailing Feb 2021

LIMPIT

Taking into consideration the Celebrity announcement of no sailings in this region for the remainder of 2020, and Australia has closed its borders to visitors until mid December 2020, is it just wishful thinking that sailing out of Melbourne 6th Feb 2021 aboard Eclipse could still occur, or should I give up the idea and plan an alternative vacation to celebrate my 60th Birthday ?  

I would say so, I’ve just lift and shifted an April Australia cruise. Even Australians can’t get into Australia just now, numbers on flights are severely restricted and looks to be the case for months to come. But then who really knows, go back 5 or 6 months and we would never have predicted that we would still be in the depths of the pandemic.

• Like 1

I have an Australia/New Zealand cruise booked for March.  If there is no improvement in Covid by final payment date I’ll cancel.  At this point I’m guessing there is less than a 20% chance I’ll be cruising in March.

• Like 1

I seriously doubt that Aust will see a cruise season early 2021.  I live in Meb and we are still in our 2nd lockdown with approx 6 weeks to go.  They are saying that we MAY have some sort of COVID normal Christmas.  Our restaurants will only start agin with outdoor dining, limited numbers approx 26th Oct as long as daily new cases stay low.  We apparently have the hardest lockdown in the world and feeling it now.  Nightly curfews and only essential services open.  Travel international will not be happening till mid 2021 and no incoming either.  We may have a travel bubble with NZ but that wont happen till next year.  So, I really do think no cruise ships till 2021 summer season which is normally starting around October.  Our local cruise company P & O Aust have not announced any start date.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LIMPIT said:

Taking into consideration the Celebrity announcement of no sailings in this region for the remainder of 2020, and Australia has closed its borders to visitors until mid December 2020, is it just wishful thinking that sailing out of Melbourne 6th Feb 2021 aboard Eclipse could still occur, or should I give up the idea and plan an alternative vacation to celebrate my 60th Birthday ?  

A few days ago I cancelled our Jan 3 2021 Solstice cruise out of Sydney and have an alternate vacation now in place.

19 hours ago, LIMPIT said:

That would be the cruise right after the one I cancelled last month. Is lift and shift still on? That was a south Pacific cruise you are booked on? We cancelled and re-booked to 2022. We made a few adjustment because our original itinerary wasn't available, our cabin was booked to so we had to compromise on that. Best of luck with plan B and enjoy whatever it is that plan B is.

• Thanks 1