Next promotion?

ColonyGirl2

Thanks for the feedback.  Not what I want to hear, but "it is what it is."

We have a January 2021 Caribbean cruise that is repeated in Feb, March and April.   My TA tried to move everything to the April dates but no go.   We booked it under a View & Veranda promotion so we would need to cancel and rebook under the present terms.  It means we pay more total, have to increase our deposit by $400 and lose our OBC and wifi.

Yes we get a drink package, gratuities, and special dinners but I just wanted to keep what we had.

Now we will cancel completely before final payment due date and HAL will lose the booking completely.  My TA pointed that out to them, but rules are rules, ya know.

These are extraordinary times and it seems that HAL want to use their old play book and refuses to be flexible.  It does not make good business sense to me, but hey, I am only a paying customer that will probably take my business elsewhere.

The same thing happened to us on our cruise-we had a promotion that we would actually use , free internet as well as tips etc. Now the one we have offers free drinks - we don't drink at all so it is worthless to us. I asked Holland America to give us the free internet they said no. We re booked but I was not pleased. As it looks now we will be canceling this cruise as well. I don't want to only be allowed to leave the ship on a Holland America excursion. I do understand why they want to do this, it is just not what we want to do on our planned trip.  Sad to say that I don't see how many of the cruise lines are going to recover until there is a decent vaccine for Covid.  

28 minutes ago, ColonyGirl2 said:

What does that mean?

HAL and other lines have big sales on cyber weekend.  I anticipate some real bargains this year.  Last year was so so but in prior years we were able to schedule some very nice deals, flights or packages 

15 hours ago, ColonyGirl2 said:

Thanks for the feedback.  Not what I want to hear, but "it is what it is."

We have a January 2021 Caribbean cruise that is repeated in Feb, March and April.   My TA tried to move everything to the April dates but no go.   We booked it under a View & Veranda promotion so we would need to cancel and rebook under the present terms.  It means we pay more total, have to increase our deposit by $400 and lose our OBC and wifi.

Yes we get a drink package, gratuities, and special dinners but I just wanted to keep what we had.

Now we will cancel completely before final payment due date and HAL will lose the booking completely.  My TA pointed that out to them, but rules are rules, ya know.

These are extraordinary times and it seems that HAL want to use their old play book and refuses to be flexible.  It does not make good business sense to me, but hey, I am only a paying customer that will probably take my business elsewhere.

A few months ago I was able to move my Jan cruise to an identical March one, but had to pay $100 pp more (due to the higher fares in March).  When you move your cruise you do have to accept the current fares and promotions.  Since I did this the promotion I was under expired and the fare jumped.

16 hours ago, Mary229 said:

HAL and other lines have big sales on cyber weekend.  I anticipate some real bargains this year.  Last year was so so but in prior years we were able to schedule some very nice deals, flights or packages 

We have been told by our agency execs to not expect a lot of straightforward price drops for Cyber Week, but instead to look for additional value adds from the cruise lines.  Last year Cyber Week saw a spike in pricing with many lines while they then added a bunch of "freebies" .... you do the math :)  It will be interesting to see what actually happens.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

We have been told by our agency execs to not expect a lot of straightforward price drops for Cyber Week, but instead to look for additional value adds from the cruise lines.  Last year Cyber Week saw a spike in pricing with many lines while they then added a bunch of "freebies" .... you do the math 🙂 It will be interesting to see what actually happens.

I am hoping they offer the airfare sales as they have in the past.  It would help the airlines too.  Some of my best catches on cyber weekend were as you describe - freebies and airfare sales

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mary229 said:

If they get the go ahead to sail, I would expect special prices for cruises that are at a short date.  For 2021 they will need to reduce occupancy levels so will need to maintain pricing.  Maybe a carrot or two, but nothing major.... (my muddled thoughts after a couple of vinos tintos)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1