So.....what all can FCC be used towards?

laginog

We are booking a cruise for next year using our 125% FCC from our cancelled cruise.  We should have about $300+ left over between our 2 cabins.  Can we use this remaining amount for anything other than towards the cruise for the people on the cancelled cruise?   Prepaid tips, beverage package, extra person in the cabin,  shore excursions, etc?   TA has mentioned doing a refundable deposit instead of non-refundable.  Seems like there should be a way to “use” it otherwise.   Thanks to everyone!

5 minutes ago, laginog said:

We are booking a cruise for next year using our 125% FCC from our cancelled cruise.  We should have about $300+ left over between our 2 cabins.  Can we use this remaining amount for anything other than towards the cruise for the people on the cancelled cruise?   Prepaid tips, beverage package, extra person in the cabin,  shore excursions, etc?   TA has mentioned doing a refundable deposit instead of non-refundable.  Seems like there should be a way to “use” it otherwise.   Thanks to everyone!

The FCC can only be used towards the cruise fare.

it cannot be used for taxes and fees, gratuities or transfers.  It also cannot be used for cruise planner or on board purchases. 

Any remaining amount will be reissued as a new FCC Once your cruise is completed.with the original expiry date or 12 months from the return o& your cruise, whichever is longer. 

The  FCC can now cover the deposit 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

1 hour ago, laginog said:

Are price drops and changes allowed?

Yes.

prior to final payment the FCC is removed, the price is adjusted then the FCC is reapplied and you will have a larger FCC.

after final payment  you can get a  Price drop up until 48 hours prior to the date of sailing and OBC would be issued for the difference in price.  

33 minutes ago, SG65CB said:

Can FCC be used towards the cost of a cruise that is already booked, or only for a new booking?

I was able to put mine on a cruise i had already booked for 2021

• Like 1

1. Can you remove FCC and replace it with a larger FCC? For example, we used a $500 FCC to pay for a deposit...could we replace it with a $2,500 FCC?

2. Will RCCL extend the expiration date of FCC's?

3. Will RCCL allow stacking of FCC's? (Wishful thinking)

Thanks...

31 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

3. Will RCCL allow stacking of FCC's? (Wishful thinking)

The written policies currently still say no. I was told in an email by a Crown & Anchor rep that they're allowing stacking of FCC's issued for COVID-19 reasons (same name, et. al., still a requirement, though I've heard people report some flexibility when the FCCs were issued previously with the same group of people, too.) And while I could not make that work online (the 2nd FCC I attempted to apply was eventually declined by email), when I contacted the Crown & Anchor desk by email again they applied the second FCC to the same sailing I already had another FCC applied to (and have already made the final payment on that sailing of the small difference remaining).

9 hours ago, dswallow said:

The written policies currently still say no. I was told in an email by a Crown & Anchor rep that they're allowing stacking of FCC's issued for COVID-19 reasons (same name, et. al., still a requirement, though I've heard people report some flexibility when the FCCs were issued previously with the same group of people, too.) And while I could not make that work online (the 2nd FCC I attempted to apply was eventually declined by email), when I contacted the Crown & Anchor desk by email again they applied the second FCC to the same sailing I already had another FCC applied to (and have already made the final payment on that sailing of the small difference remaining).

Thank you...that's good news.

9 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

As per the TA call 2 weeks ago, there are no plans to extend the FCC expiry date

Thanks Ken...we are really hoping rccl will extend expiry date...some of our FCC's took 7 months to be issued.

19 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

.....after final payment  you can get a  Price drop up until 48 hours prior to the date of sailing and OBC would be issued for the difference in price.  

Is this new? I thought after final payment you couldn't get any more price adjustments.