Positive news on Covid vaccine!

DaveOKC

2 hours ago, iancal said:

Not to mention transported and stored at the correct temperature?

Clearly, if mass vaccinations are the order of the day distribution will have to entail far more than availability in 'physicians offices, hospitals, or health authority facilities.

That is all covered in the CDC document I continue to post but I will do so again

CDC Pandemic Playbook Oct 29, 2020

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, VMax1700 said:

Me? or the Govenor?

You!   Come on, let's take the good news we get and quit politicizing human suffering.  If it doesn't materialize I will certainly be willing to say Oops, the governor missed, but I will take this as good news and not add to the cynical nature of the covid discussions. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, drowelf said:

I've also read that FedEx and UPS are going to retrofit a small portion of their transport fleet to include the necessary refrigeration units to transport the vaccine at the required temperatures. 

I think this may already be the case on a small scale.  My husband and I volunteered for the Astra-Zenica/Oxford University trial and we got our first shot yesterday.  We had to wait for a little while because the vaccine shots had not arrived.  We saw a Fedex truck pull up and within a short time we had our shots.  I wished I had asked if they had delivered them or not...it might have just been a coincidence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I had to check to see what the Gov of Texas actually said...he was talking about the newly approved antibody treatment being available soon in Texas, not the vaccine.  In the same press conference he did talk about their vaccine distribution plan (once there is one) so maybe that's where the confusion came in.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Cruise NH said:

I had to check to see what the Gov of Texas actually said...he was talking about the newly approved antibody treatment being available soon in Texas, not the vaccine.  In the same press conference he did talk about their vaccine distribution plan (once there is one) so maybe that's where the confusion came in.

No, this was a radio interview he gave yesterday on WBAP

36 minutes ago, iancal said:

Any you believe the politicians?????

How about buying some Florida orange groves?

I believe he knows the logistics, I think he is being informed about delivery. I am not discussing opinions or conjectures. This was not a political statement. It was a statement of TXDHS’ current information regarding vaccine distribution.   Why be so cynical?   If the vaccine is delayed by a week or two, so what, the good news is good news 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1