Edge 2022 cruise cancelled - YES 2022

sandancer

Received another email this morning confirming that you can move to Silhouette keeping your original price and perks plus obc. I’m going to try and have my reservation reinstated but I don’t hold out much hope. Celebrity UK may not be as flexible as their USA colleagues. 

I'm not happy with Celebrity right now.  I was booked on the Edge 1/4/22.  Two days ago got the email with my choice of Silhouette same date at prevailing rate or full refund.  The prevailing rate for me was too high so I requested the refund.  Today I got the email mail saying you can change with your original rate and whatever you had with your original booking.  Really, Celebrity, you got to do better than this.  I would have rebooked on the Silhouette at the same price.

My February 13, 2022 Silhouette cruise was also cancelled.  Now we're not sure what we'll do.  When we made the decision of cancelling our spring 2020 cruise, our fall 2020 cruise would be o.k.  But then we had to cancel that too, then spring 2021 and now we've lost the Antarctica cruise, and I don't know if we'll ever get back to normal.  

The issue w/ Antarctica is the ice class requirement and we thought the February 13, 2022 was one of our last chances.   Anybody have an idea if any of Celebrity's ships have been upgraded for the future ice class requirement?

3 hours ago, breezer said:

I'm not happy with Celebrity right now.  I was booked on the Edge 1/4/22.  Two days ago got the email with my choice of Silhouette same date at prevailing rate or full refund.  The prevailing rate for me was too high so I requested the refund.  Today I got the email mail saying you can change with your original rate and whatever you had with your original booking.  Really, Celebrity, you got to do better than this.  I would have rebooked on the Silhouette at the same price.

JMO....go back to them and cite the 2nd email with the replacement option.  Spoke with my CVP this AM and he didn't even know there was a 2nd email...tried to rebook me at the prevailing rate.  I quoted the email dated 18th Nov. and I was rebooked at my original Edge price plus perks. He said it had to go by the resolution desk, but didn't anticipate any problem considering the 2nd email verbiage.  I think they're all confused with the first email followed next day by the second one. 

2 hours ago, knittinggirl said:

My February 13, 2022 Silhouette cruise was also cancelled.  Now we're not sure what we'll do.  When we made the decision of cancelling our spring 2020 cruise, our fall 2020 cruise would be o.k.  But then we had to cancel that too, then spring 2021 and now we've lost the Antarctica cruise, and I don't know if we'll ever get back to normal.  

The issue w/ Antarctica is the ice class requirement and we thought the February 13, 2022 was one of our last chances.   Anybody have an idea if any of Celebrity's ships have been upgraded for the future ice class requirement?

It seems ships are being jockeyed for different positions. Infinity will now be doing the 2/13/22 Antarctica cruise. We booked passage yesterday.

19 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

JMO....go back to them and cite the 2nd email with the replacement option.  Spoke with my CVP this AM and he didn't even know there was a 2nd email...tried to rebook me at the prevailing rate.  I quoted the email dated 18th Nov. and I was rebooked at my original Edge price plus perks. He said it had to go by the resolution desk, but didn't anticipate any problem considering the 2nd email verbiage.  I think they're all confused with the first email followed next day by the second one. 

I

Oceangoer2,  thanks for responding.  I appreciate your comments.  However, since I requested a refund already I believe I have no options now.  I can't see them undoing a refund request.

We were on the now cancelled 2/14/22 Edge sailing in a SV.  Talked with our TA today we could move to the 2/14/22 Silhouette in a SV with price protection and retain our perks.  But she also checked the pricing for a aft facing C1 underthe All Inclusive and that priced out $600 less.  The only difference in perks is the surf wi-fi vs the unlimited.  A no brainer for us.  

2 hours ago, breezer said:

I

Oceangoer2,  thanks for responding.  I appreciate your comments.  However, since I requested a refund already I believe I have no options now.  I can't see them undoing a refund request.

I'd certainly call if you really want that cruise.  It takes them 7-10 days AT LEAST to get the refund going, so definitely possible that they can work something out.

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

We were on the now cancelled 2/14/22 Edge sailing in a SV.  Talked with our TA today we could move to the 2/14/22 Silhouette in a SV with price protection and retain our perks.  But she also checked the pricing for a aft facing C1 underthe All Inclusive and that priced out $600 less.  The only difference in perks is the surf wi-fi vs the unlimited.  A no brainer for us.  

That wifi may not be what you think it is.  When I changed mine, I asked the rep to check the 4 perks we had on our original sailing and even though my receipt says unlimited internet, the rep said it was the "surf" variety, not surf & stream like we thought it was.  Looks like for those who need the streaming, we can use our tier discounts to purchase that upgrade onboard... 

Anxious to see how the invoice turns out in 7-10 days (or whenever it arrives)... I didn't feel like the rep really knew much of what she was talking about, although I did the change the day before the email came out about being able to price protect and get original perks and she said it was ok.

3 hours ago, jelayne said:

Thx for that...I'll find out if we can do the same.

57 minutes ago, twincheryl said:

That wifi may not be what you think it is.  When I changed mine, I asked the rep to check the 4 perks we had on our original sailing and even though my receipt says unlimited internet, the rep said it was the "surf" variety, not surf & stream like we thought it was.  Looks like for those who need the streaming, we can use our tier discounts to purchase that upgrade onboard... 

Anxious to see how the invoice turns out in 7-10 days (or whenever it arrives)... I didn't feel like the rep really knew much of what she was talking about, although I did the change the day before the email came out about being able to price protect and get original perks and she said it was ok.

We have purchased the surf package previously when our booking didn't include wi-fi.  We don't use to watch movies just for email, FB, flight check in.  The only thing we couldn't do with the surf package was IG as apparently that uses a large amount of band width.

On 11/18/2020 at 3:41 PM, twincheryl said:

I called and changed our Edge 10 nt Caribbean from 1/4/21 to the Silhouette, same date and exactly the same ports.  It was quite the experience... took over an hour, with at least 45 minutes of that on hold.  Rep came back once or twice saying her computer wouldn't work correctly... lol.  She did not seem to have any idea what she was doing.

Finally said we could keep our original 4 perks and also get the $200 addition veranda obc specified in the email.  Also kept the same price we originally paid, even though when I priced the same cabin online, it was $600 CHEAPER to just take the Always Included price.  

On the off chance that she was correct, I figured it was best to just leave it on the same reservation number as original cruise and utilize the Premium drinks that we originally had, as well as the $300 obc that was included in the 4 perks we had.  Will keep an eye out and see if price drops between now and then.

Will be very interesting to see how it all prices out when we get the new invoice... which she said will come in 7-10 days.  We're fine either way but totally doubt that we'll keep the 4 perks AND get the additional $200 obc.

Hi,

Was this just a Lift and Shift?

No email.  Nothing from Celebrity on our cancelled Edge 10 day April 8, 2022.  We found out from reading Cruise Critic.  Looked at March 28, 2022 11 day on the Silhouette.  Sky Suite was $1500 more per person.  Ridiculous.  Requested a refund.  Enough booking  cruises for now.  Very surprised our 9 day Equinox Sept 17, 2021 has not been cancelled.  Figured that one would be cancelled first.   

Edited by flyers10

4 hours ago, l_n_m said:

Hi,

Not really a L & S. The Edge sailings for winter 21/22 were moved from the Edge to Silhouette.  Those booked on 1 of those had the option to move to the same sailing on the Silhouette with price and perk protection .  In our case we opted for the prevailing rate at it was less than the price on the Edge. 

7 hours ago, l_n_m said:

Hi,

Don't think they called it that.  Should get the new invoice any day now (haha) and see what they ended up giving us.  When I called, it was before the newest email saying you could keep your perks, although the rep said that we would.  We opted for keeping the original pricing with 4 perks since we had a bunch of obc for booking onboard in addition to the new obc credit they were giving.  Also had premium bev pkg instead of the classic that comes with All Included or whatever they are calling it.

Pricing was interesting.  Would have been cheaper to take the new pricing, believe it or not... but with our obc and stuff it is pretty much a wash.  Now that they sent the email saying they would give you the cheaper of the two, we'll see which option they choose.