X cancelled 10/30/2021 cruise --> what should I choose?

cl.klink

I had FCC from a cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale that got cancelled March 2020. I actually cancelled as COVID began, when X started offering 100% FCC, unfortunately shortly before they changed to offering 125% FCC vs refund.  Anyway, I used that FCC to chose a 7 night cruise 10/31/2021 on Summit out of Puerto Rico. Now, that has been cancelled and  I am told I can use that same FCC to book any cruise 12/2021 - 4/2022.

Here is the question: I kinda think whatever I choose (even if I stick to a 7 night offering), it's a crap shoot if that sails or not, so is my selection really just a place holder that I'll have to be rescheduled again, just kicking this can down the road 6-12 months at a time?  And, what issues / variables most predict that a cruise within this time frame is one that will sail vs. one that will also be rescheduled?

- Joel

We ha e 3 FCCs to use.   We have cancelled before final payment or had cancelled 5 cruises in 2020 & so far 5 in 2021.  If I were you I would book something in 2022 or late 2021.  Hopefully by then things will be a little more stable,  vaccine will be available to many and restrictions may be less.   It be prepared for sticker shock.  Currently prices for 2021 & 22 are crazy high, but hopefully they will drop some as we move forward.

20 minutes ago, emmas gran said:

As a thought if they say 7 day cruises have to stay for a while longer ALL sailing dates will change. I have a 12 and 9 night Equinox November 2021 and the 7 day rule is till Nov 1st ?? Am I correct.

Not sure about expiry date of the  7 day rule, but in the recent redevelopments, passengers on redeployed Edge cruises, were offered 11 night Caribbean cruises on Silhouette.

Once most people are vaccinated, mid to late 2021, I think things will return to pre covid rules.  Hopefully by then we can sail on longer cruises safely.  We have Jan 2022 back to back scheduled and hope that we can enjoy those cruises.  Originally 2021- but of course we moved, as even if cruises are allowed to sail by then, doubt it, I do not feel comfortable sailing then.  

We also have March and May 2021 cruises that we probably will also cancel- Perhaps August 2021 will be the charm!

Edited by Cruise a holic

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2020 at 7:51 AM, upwarduk said:

Not sure about expiry date of the  7 day rule, but in the recent redevelopments, passengers on redeployed Edge cruises, were offered 11 night Caribbean cruises on Silhouette.

We got informed that our 12 night cruise aboard the Celebrity Equinox sailing on May 2nd 2021 was cancelled.  As we have flights tailored around that cruise, I tried to book a back-to-back on the Caribbean Princess that left a day sooner - but was told we could only do a 7 night cruise.. no back-to-back. 

I honesty think if anyone is wanting to cruise from next October onwards get booked up because with the vaccine getting rolled out shortly pent up demand for cruising again is going to see sky high prices. I’m glad we are sorted for Feb 2022 in Asia because I can see the price of our cruise being double as we we get nearer to the date.

On 11/19/2020 at 2:51 AM, upwarduk said:

We were offered a direct exchange...10 nights....same date 11/12/20 Edge to 11/12/21 Silhouette.  Same category, price, perks as original booking. The 11 nighter on Silhouette follows 11/12/21 I think.