A new twist on scam phone calls?

6 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

Yes, I think that is exactly what they want.

I've never pressed 1 on calls like that; I just hang up.

I always press '1' and have some fun.šŸ™‚ Maybe that isn't fair to the person on the other end. After all, they are just doing a job, but I feel they must realise that they are participating in a scam or an illegal activity. The exceptions are the ones touting for business on behalf of solar panel installers or solicitors wanting to file an Third Party insurance claim.

I havenā€™t had a landline for about five years, so miss out on all those friendly calls.

Ā 

The most I get are single ring calls. +212 zone. My phone says Mali, or another close by country. They rely on you ringing back at exorbitant rates you donā€™t know about until the bill arrives.

Ā 

22 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

I havenā€™t had a landline for about five years, so miss out on all those friendly calls.

Ā 

The most I get are single ring calls. +212 zone. My phone says Mali, or another close by country. They rely on you ringing back at exorbitant rates you donā€™t know about until the bill arrives.

Ā 

You are lucky I still get them on my mobile, in fact more than. On the. Landlines, probably because the mobile number is more, ā€œout thereā€ than the others.

Ā 

I was recently given a fall detector emergency thing, that has a mobile phone built in, it rang the other day, they must rely on random number generators.

2 hours ago, Docker123 said:

Ā 

Ā 

We haven't had a land line for about the same time Adrian but we do get the scam type calls on our mobiles. We don't usually answer if we don't know the number and let it go through to voice mail.

Ā 

Leigh

We've kept our land line as our house is tucked in a little valley and the mobile service can be a bit flaky at times. Our mobile phones are set to use our internet when at home which means we can just have a fairly cheap mobile plan.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...