Lift and Shift "same itinerary" question

moesyk4

I was reading about the lift and shift promo and debating whether to just request a refund for our next cruise or try the program. I understand I need to pick the same length and room category, but can pick a different ship. I was confused on the itinerary...that doesn't mean exact same stops right, just the overall itinerary? Ours is Western Caribbean. Would we be able to switch to one labeled "Western Caribbean + Perfect Day" or would that still be considered an itinerary change?

The itinerary doesnt have to be a perfect match. Idk what ship you are on etc, but go and see what choices you are given and back out and then decide on the one you like best.

It's on the rcl site under cwc, cancel, then lift and shift...put in your booking # and check what it matches you up to. 

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

The itinerary doesnt have to be a perfect match. Idk what ship you are on etc, but go and see what choices you are given and back out and then decide on the one you like best.

It's on the rcl site under cwc, cancel, then lift and shift...put in your booking # and check what it matches you up to. 

Oh perfect, I assumed we would have to call. I will do that now!

7 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Just pick one, your favorite, dont pick 3, even though it let's you. Tell us what you decide to do.

Thank you, I would've picked 3. It looks like we can move to a couple of newer ships...I think we will definitely make the switch if we can!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, moesyk4 said:

Thank you, I would've picked 3. It looks like we can move to a couple of newer ships...I think we will definitely make the switch if we can!

Usually no problem, but I would pick your favorite only and then you will for sure get it. Dont forget you get double pts thru march 31, 2022 unless its extended again. 

Note your cruisefare is price protected, but not port fees and taxes which could run a little higher, depending on ports. Maybe around $10

5 hours ago, moesyk4 said:

Ok, this is a long shot that anyone would know this..but we are a cabin of 5, so technically 2 reservations. I'm guessing we will have to call to complete the change?

I didnt see this post but see you got your answer. Good luck

I think, originally, they wanted you to keep the same basic itin (west to west, east to east) but for the past several months, it's become more general.  Caribbean east is as good as Caribbean west.  I had to L&S a Star Class suite (which is hard to do under any circumstances) and when I realized I was going to have to go east to west and OPS to SLS I thought I would be sunk (pun intended)....but it worked after some genius footwork by my TA.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, moesyk4 said:

Ok, this is a long shot that anyone would know this..but we are a cabin of 5, so technically 2 reservations. I'm guessing we will have to call to complete the change?

Yes.  Call.  When you do call, make sure you have the other primary person in the second cabin available to verbally authorize you to talk to the agent about that reservation.  Because even though I've always booked two cabins with my wife in one with one kid and me in the other, they don't recognize it as one family and a linked reservation.  Even though they were made at the same time and with the same credit card and the same address.  And to answer your other question, the stops don't matter.  I moved from a 5 night Indy to 5 night Odyssey.  New cruise has Perfect Day instead of Labadee.  Not the hard part. Waiting 13 months for what should have been 20 days.

8 minutes ago, dwp10mm said:

Yes.  Call.  When you do call, make sure you have the other primary person in the second cabin available to verbally authorize you to talk to the agent about that reservation.  Because even though I've always booked two cabins with my wife in one with one kid and me in the other, they don't recognize it as one family and a linked reservation.  Even though they were made at the same time and with the same credit card and the same address.  And to answer your other question, the stops don't matter.  I moved from a 5 night Indy to 5 night Odyssey.  New cruise has Perfect Day instead of Labadee.  Not the hard part. Waiting 13 months for what should have been 20 days.

I think they have one cabin of 5 people and rcl divides it into 2 reservations? OP wasnt clear. Rcl is one of the lines who if you book over the phone allows 5 in a quad cabin, maybe a toddler or baby. 

4 hours ago, orville99 said:

We did an L&S from a March 2021 Eastern Caribbean to an April 2022 Western Caribbean on Harmony. Apparently the system doesn't filter on ports, just length and region. 

We did a L&S for our March 2021 B2B Caribbean cruise out of Tampa to a March 2022 B2B Caribbean cruise out of San Juan.  More posts and less sea days. 👍The port fees and taxes were less for the March 2022 cruises. Saved a few bucks doing the L&S. 

Edited by davekathy

2 hours ago, dwp10mm said:

The OP is in a totally different situation.  They have one room with 5 people  which requires 2 different reservation numbers as Royal ancient system can only handle 4 guests per reservation.  There would be no need in the OP's case to have the person on the other cabin present.