Lift and Shift

luv2travel90266

I previously did a lift and shift from Sept 2020 to Oct 2021. Thinking of delaying again to the same itinerary offered  Oct 2022. As the possibility of venues still being shut has anyone done a second lift and shift? It appears by this posted on Celebrity.com that isn't offered?

• Lift & Shift can only be made once and must be done by January 31, 2021. Bookings for 2021 sail dates may shift to 2022 sail dates as long as the decision is made by January 31, 2021.

Correct, it can only be done once.  We wanted to transfer, not L&S, one of our Apex bookings to Silhouette and keep the other one for a New Year's cruise.  Our CVP had to cancel the bookings but she moved our money to the new Silhouette cruise.  This was important for us because I had just taken advantage of the American Express offer.

Thank you. It appears then I might as well "let it ride" and make my decision before the final payment is due and determine then if we feel the pandemic is under control by then. Can't get excited about planning our pre and post cruise time along with tours after having done this for 2 vacations that didn't occur. 

• Like 1

Hi all.  We are booked on the Apex for a May 1, 2021 TA from Florida to Barcelona in a C1 cabin.  Asked my travel agent to look into a Lift & Shift to the same cruise on Apex in 2022 (the 2022 cruise is one day shorter). Was very surprised to be told that the fare would be $1000 per person higher than the 2021 cruise and would loose some of our perks.  I would have thought Celebrity would be more eager to retain their Elite Captain's Club members.  Has anyone else been given a Lift&Shift surprise like this?  It would actually be less costly to just loose the deposit and take a Princess TA in a mini suite with better perks.

13 minutes ago, yyz53 said:

Hi all.  We are booked on the Apex for a May 1, 2021 TA from Florida to Barcelona in a C1 cabin.  Asked my travel agent to look into a Lift & Shift to the same cruise on Apex in 2022 (the 2022 cruise is one day shorter). Was very surprised to be told that the fare would be $1000 per person higher than the 2021 cruise and would loose some of our perks.  I would have thought Celebrity would be more eager to retain their Elite Captain's Club members.  Has anyone else been given a Lift&Shift surprise like this?  It would actually be less costly to just loose the deposit and take a Princess TA in a mini suite with better perks.

Are you sure that your TA is quoting for an L&S and not a cancellation and rebooking? Under the L&S program, you pay the same price and retain your perks. The program also states that the cruises must be of the same duration. While they have made occasional exceptions, in most cases they wouldn't allow an L&S to a shorter itinerary. This might be the situation for you, which is why I speculate that your TA might be quoting a new booking, not an L&S.

30 minutes ago, yyz53 said:

We were booked on the May 1 TA and did a L&S to Apex April 2022. Did it online and had no problem except we had no choice in cabin.

1 hour ago, yyz53 said:

@yyz53: I, too, have the impression that this might have been a cancel and rebook.  We are currently on the Edge TA in April, 2021.  Also 15 nights.  Both the Edge and Apex TAs in 2022 are 14 nights, so not technically eligible for Lift & Shift.  I just saw a report on our Roll Call of someone whose TA at the big box store got a Lift & Shift approved, with a supervisor's approval required.  So I wonder if your TA pressed for an exception, or was just told that the cruise was not eligible, but we can rebook for $1000 per person more?  If the TA did not press for an exception, it never would have gone to the supervisor for approval.

Tom & Judy

Thanks all for the timely and valuable feedback.  I got my TA to call again this time she was able to process the L&S with all conditions the same except for a $36 increase in taxes.  Even got the same cabin number.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, yyz53 said:

Thanks all for the timely and valuable feedback.  I got my TA to call again this time she was able to process the L&S with all conditions the same except for a $36 increase in taxes.  Even got the same cabin number.

Excellent! A belated Christmas present.

• Like 1