Home visits

sjde

I did a home visit lunch on Uniworld when we were in Croatia.  Very fun and very delicious.  

I think you just have to look at the day to day itinerary and read what is offered in the way of shorex.  I don't know if you can make a blanket statement as to cruise lines, ships, or itineraries.

I figured cruises might not get going again until the danger is past  for the most part. Are  there some cruises still on board for the spring ?  By summer , most people in the river cruise age category should’ve had the vaccine.

24 minutes ago, sjde said:

I figured cruises might not get going again until the danger is past  for the most part. Are  there some cruises still on board for the spring ?  By summer , most people in the river cruise age category should’ve had the vaccine.

Our April cruise was moved to next year.  Of course, it was originally scheduled for last March and was moved to 2021.  

50 minutes ago, sjde said:

Those that market to Europeans have not been cancelled. I have not heard yet of any German cancelled or suspended that start after 14 February. There could be individual itineraries taken off booking sites but there is no blanket ban or suspension. Riviera Travel UK will not be operating till the 31 March as per yesterday on their website: https://www.rivieratravel.co.uk/about/useful-information/fco-travel-advice

But that means as of now they are still good to go in Spring.

notamermaid

I had one on my Amawaterways trip. It wasn't a big deal for me as I had done a high school trip where we spent about 4 days with 3 different families in 3 different countries. I can say that the people in my group were extremely worried about this part of our cruise but once they experienced it, they said it was a great experience.

We had about 12 people in my group visiting a home which IMO was too large of a group. I have to say the food was amazing. Ours was a brunch.

10 minutes ago, sjde said:

notamermaid-Are the cruises that are going in spring have limited capacity, do you know? 

Do you mean if the companies have restricted the number of passengers, i.e. only 60 percent capacity allowed (as an example)?

If so, then that I can only presume this will be the case if they reapply last year's rules.

I think this might be part of a good question for this new "panel" on 1 March. Something like "Can we expect to have the capacity on all ships reduced to allow for social distancing?"

notamermaid