Royal IT Does it Again

LB_NJ

Just got my FCC for a cancelled Empress cruise and it was the wrong amount.

It was to high.  Now I have to wait again while they fix this bug.

Still have not gotten beverage package refund for cancelled cruise.

1 hour ago, LB_NJ said:

Just got my FCC for a cancelled Empress cruise and it was the wrong amount.

It was to high.  Now I have to wait again while they fix this bug.

Still have not gotten beverage package refund for cancelled cruise.

Is this my wife?  Only she would complain if we were given too much back!  Not a word when the error is in someone else's favor.

1 minute ago, jacads said:

Is this my wife?  Only she would complain if we were given too much back!  Not a word when the error is in someone else's favor.

Royal caught it when the TA called up to have it applied.

I think the Royal calculated the FCC on the full cruise fare even though final payments had not been made.

18 hours ago, jacads said:

Funny! ...my Mother actually is one them. State law get overcharged by scanner get extra $$$ just can't say anything until paid. Always shushing Mom when she wants correct too soon. Though I've benefited from Royal errors in past. Michigan Scanner Law: 

1. How much money do I get back when a scanner charges me more than the price displayed for the item?

You are entitled to receive the difference between the displayed price and what you were charged, plus additional compensation ("bonus") of ten times the difference.  The bonus must be at least $1.00, but it may not be more than $5.00.  If the seller does not pay the difference and the bonus, you may sue for actual damages or $250.00, whichever is greater, plus attorney fees of up to $300.00.

1 hour ago, Heymarco said:

That would be finance, don’t know of any firms where IT oversees refunds. 🤣

Since it is a mass cancellation the IT guys would most likely be given the rules/policy of how much money or FCC to give passengers by finance and then program the computers to give that amount.

I very much doubt finance looks at each and every refund/FCC for the thousands (maybe 10s of thousands) of cancelled trips.

So the rules (as far as I can tell from the Royal Web site) is: any FCC used to purchase the cruise is returned as FCC with an extended date and new money is returned as 125% FCC unless a refund was requested.  

The fact that the FCC sent me in an automated email means that the computer guys screwed up.

3 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

So the rules (as far as I can tell from the Royal Web site) is: any FCC used to purchase the cruise is returned as FCC with an extended date and new money is returned as 125% FCC unless a refund was requested.  

Almost correct.

If the FCC that was applied was from a global suspension then it will be combined(100%) with the FCC from cash paid (125%) and issued as one FCC.

If the FCC that was applied is from a CWC cancellation then it will be reissued at 100% and new money will be issued a separate FCC at 125%.

If this happens they will most likely allow you to stack both of these FCC's as they resulted from the same sailing

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

The best IT mistake ever was the $18/day drinks package. 

That was indeed good but my personal favourite was the Freedom Christmas 2014 where instead of dropping the price of a balcony to $1200 pp they took $1200 pp off the price.  Total for a 7 day cruise for 2 in a balcony including taxes in CDN was just over $700 and then because if the propulsion issues where we were a couple hours late at a couple ports they gave each cabin a $450 OBC.

Not nearly as many got in on that deal before they fixed it.

• Like 3