Known issue with FCC and Lift and Shift

Yesterday and probable through today and tomorrow Royal is in the process of updating how applied FCC’s appear on booking invoices.

Unfortunately  there is an issue in that any booking that was lifted and shifted that had an FCC applied will revert to its original pricing. When the FCC is removed and reapplied it does not recognize the price protection.

Again, unfortunately Royal does not seem to be able to go through and fix this on their own but instead is having customers call in and let them know that this happened and get it adjusted back to the protected price. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

So I had my TA do an L & S about 8 months ago.  When March 2021 cruises were cancelled I had her apply the FCC to our L & S cruise.  Is this the situation to which you are referring?  Should i have her check??  

4 minutes ago, poocher said:

So I had my TA do an L & S about 8 months ago.  When March 2021 cruises were cancelled I had her apply the FCC to our L & S cruise.  Is this the situation to which you are referring?  Should i have her check??  

Yes, that is exactly the situation.

it actually does not matter if the FCC was applied before or after the lift and shift, it is the combination of both on the reservation together that causes the issue. 

10 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yesterday and probable through today and tomorrow Royal is in the process of updating how applied FCC’s appear on booking invoices.

Unfortunately  there is an issue in that any booking that was lifted and shifted that had an FCC applied will revert to its original pricing. When the FCC is removed and reapplied it does not recognize the price protection.

Again, unfortunately Royal does not seem to be able to go through and fix this on their own but instead is having customers call in and let them know that this happened and get it adjusted back to the protected price. 

What a mess  The number of people that would even know about this is slim, very slim.  Guess I will have to contact my TA about my December cruise😇 and will have to call on the July one that I have not with my TA  JEEZ!!!

41 minutes ago, molly361 said:

What a mess  The number of people that would even know about this is slim, very slim.  Guess I will have to contact my TA about my December cruise😇 and will have to call on the July one that I have not with my TA  JEEZ!!!

I’m waiting until Monday to make sure they have finished reapplying everyone’s FCC’s and then going through all my bookings.  Yes a great big pain in the a**

41 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Hello,  I have not sailed with Royal Caribbean in ten years;   what is lift and shift?  Thanks

It is the ability to more your cruise forward by 48 to 56 weeks to a sailing that is the same length, same itinerary type and same cabin category and Royal would protect your price other than taxes and fees.

21 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I’m waiting until Monday to make sure they have finished reapplying everyone’s FCC’s and then going through all my bookings.  Yes a great big pain in the a**

Thanks  guess I'll wait as well for the one I am holding.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Thanks for sharing this Ken. Looks like Royal will be getting a lot of phone calls!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lr657 said:

Thanks for sharing this Ken. Looks like Royal will be getting a lot of phone calls!

Unfortunately most people will never know as this thread will reach less than 1% of the cruising population.  Hopefully this won’t cause reservations to automatically cancel at final for those that thought their cruise was paid in full.  

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Unfortunately most people will never know as this thread will reach less than 1% of the cruising population.  Hopefully this won’t cause reservations to automatically cancel at final for those that thought their cruise was paid in full.  

That could be a problem. Hopefully Royal sends them some type of communication before the cruise is automatically cancelled.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, lr657 said:

Ellen, can you repost the phone number to get an automated invoice. Can't seem to find it. Thanks!

866 562 ,7625. Press option four and follow the prompts 

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

Got a invoice from Royal and not only did my booking that had been shifted revert to today's prices but a small part of my FCC's is showing as a separate line item credit but the larger portion of them is showing as a payment.  YIKES  They told me it is going to take 72 hours for it to get corrected.

If I were a betting person I would say that it is NOT going to happen and I will be back on the phone with the.  Hope I'm wrong

3 hours ago, molly361 said:

Got a invoice from Royal and not only did my booking that had been shifted revert to today's prices but a small part of my FCC's is showing as a separate line item credit but the larger portion of them is showing as a payment.  YIKES  They told me it is going to take 72 hours for it to get corrected.

If I were a betting person I would say that it is NOT going to happen and I will be back on the phone with the.  Hope I'm wrong

I used the automated line ( thanks again for the number) to have the invoice for my L&S cruise with an FCC emailed to me. The invoice showed my completely paid off cruise now had a balance! I called and the CSR said that their records showed that there was no balance and emailed an invoice with 0 balance due. Let's see what happens when I request another invoice around the time that final payment would be due. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lr657 said:

I used the automated line ( thanks again for the number) to have the invoice for my L&S cruise with an FCC emailed to me. The invoice showed my completely paid off cruise now had a balance! I called and the CSR said that their records showed that there was no balance and emailed an invoice with 0 balance due. Let's see what happens when I request another invoice around the time that final payment would be due. 

Call the number again to request the automated invoice and see what you get.  The CSR could have pulled off an old invoice by accident as they have access to every invoice ever generated. 

• Like 1

What was weird is that part of my FCC shows now as a line item credit ..  That said all along when they apply the FCC they manipulate your cruise fare and just deduct the FCC from that instead of showing it as a credit against the booking which makes more sense to me.

On 1/27/2021 at 6:47 AM, AF-1 said:

Hello,  I have not sailed with Royal Caribbean in ten years;   what is lift and shift?  Thanks

Royal is phasing out Lift and Shift, so don't worry. It will soon be a thing of the past. It's being discontinued as of Feb 1.

https://www.*****.com/2020/05/11/royal-caribbean-lift-and-shift-information-frequently-asked-questions

The starred link has the words royal caribbean blog in it. 😉

Edited by DCGuy64
Clarification of website name

7 minutes ago, molly361 said:

What was weird is that part of my FCC shows now as a line item credit ..  That said all along when they apply the FCC they manipulate your cruise fare and just deduct the FCC from that instead of showing it as a credit against the booking which makes more sense to me.

This is what is causing the problem.  In order to do the changes and make the FCC instantly redeemable, stackable, shareable and leftover used right away they have to change everything so FCC’s now reflect as a payment which means removing them and then reapplying them thus causing the reprice on price protected bookings. 

• Like 1